• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RIP Steve Duemig

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

"The Big Dog" Steve Duemig may not have been a huge supporter of USF, but he was a Tampa Sports talk radio icon. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

The world is a better place 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Guest Jonesy Bull

Didn't agree with him a lot of the times, but sorry to hear this.  He wasn't very old.  Cancer is a B____!

Thoughts and prayers to his family.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

"The Big Dog" Steve Duemig may not have been a huge supporter of USF, but he was a Tampa Sports talk radio icon. 

He wasn’t a supporter of USF in any way that I can recall.  That may have changed in recent years.  His behavior in the USF/McMurphy/Miller saga was unforgivable and unprofessional for someone in the “media”. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

He wasn’t a supporter of USF in any way that I can recall.  That may have changed in recent years.  His behavior in the USF/McMurphy/Miller saga was unforgivable and unprofessional for someone in the “media”. 

He took pride in being directly hostile to USF and went out of his way to not only be unsupportive but actively detract from the program while demanding all transplants with roots in other cities immediately and unconditionally support the local professionals teams. To in anyway be pro big douche is to be anti-USF.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Sorry he passed but his position toward USF was was inexcusable...he was a total ****...

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

I will echo the creative sentiments of Triple B and even go one further.  I stopped making fun of his inane opinions when I had heard he had fallen ill. I cannot think of a worse thing than having issues with your mind and I would not wish that on anyone.  I also refuse to dance on his grave and hope his suffering was minimal. So I will say only the following as to what disappointed me and leave it at that. 

We all were fairly adept at pointing out his hypocrisy, which Puc references, in regards to home town support.    I think it was  disappointing that when he was called out on it he made it sound like USF fans wanted a  cheerleader rather than an objective view.  In my opinion,   constantly marginalizing any triumph and trying to disparage the home town university was not very objective. 

His antics did take away a chance for him to shine and he missed out.  His Saturday morning show on ESPN radio was actually ok and if I happened to be in the car I would listen.  In 2006, just before USF played at West Virginia, a caller from West Virginia stated that he thought that the Mountaineers should be ranked higher.  He agreed and I certainly thought it was a legitimate argument.  Their offense had been impressive.  I did wait for him to say that they were going to play a team that day which matched up well with their strength  ( speed).  You would have had no idea who West Virginia was playing as not one mention of "USF" or "Bulls" escaped his mouth.  

Edited by Mission9
syntax

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,571
  • Days Won:  29

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I had a great argument on air with him regarding How Great Leavitt was during this saga.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, E.T. said:

I had a great argument on air with him regarding How Great Leavitt was during this saga.

I am sad that I missed that.  I do recall when we got under his skin on social media after Holtz was fired.  I am still waiting for the "bigger problems" that firing Holtz will create.  

Oh man, I had better stop now.