• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Day House Cleaning Ensued.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Whats the big deal?  If he didn't think he was 100%, why risk an injury playing a meaningless garbage bowl game?  I'm sure they all have aspirations of playing in the NFL, not realistic but I don't have a problem with a player sitting out because he doesn't want to jeopardize the rest of his life.

Because it's a team sport and you're part of the team .....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Whats the big deal?  If he didn't think he was 100%, why risk an injury playing a meaningless garbage bowl game?  I'm sure they all have aspirations of playing in the NFL, not realistic but I don't have a problem with a player sitting out because he doesn't want to jeopardize the rest of his life.

That player was a punk ass and very stupid. Not only did he let his teammates down, he did not have enough sense to understand he was no where near being draft material. Indeed, if he thought he was all that he should have sucked it up so more game footage was available. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

It was very likely Eric Mayes.. Nathan Bond with the Stampede alluded to it after Mayes was invited to the 49ers mini camp today. He sat out of the bowl game with an unspecified injury.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

11 minutes ago, BullDorado said:

It was very likely Eric Mayes.. Nathan Bond with the Stampede alluded to it after Mayes was invited to the 49ers mini camp today. He sat out of the bowl game with an unspecified injury.

Looks like he said, "I'm thinking this player just got signed." He's guessing on who it is, too. Also, pretty weak ass take by Bond in his back and forth with Bench. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Who cares.  A meaningless bowl game to end a forgettable season.  Move on.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

45 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Looks like he said, "I'm thinking this player just got signed." He's guessing on who it is, too. Also, pretty weak ass take by Bond in his back and forth with Bench. 

I'm sure Nathan did his due diligence and got all most some of the facts, from multiple reliable sources, before assessing the situation ...

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm sure Nathan did his due diligence and got all most some of the facts, from multiple reliable sources, before assessing the situation ...

He could have just asked the player, that worked last time.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Bond comes out looking like a complete **** with that tweet. The kid was wrong. 

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Bond comes out looking like a complete **** with that tweet. The kid was wrong. 

Yup. Add to that the part where he blames the coach for "reconfirming" after the draft. I don't for one second believe the coach was dialing up people the other night just to tell the same story he told in December. More than likely, JK (or someone close to JK) was talking draft the story resurfaced and the coach said, "Yeah...just like I said back at the bowl and the kid didn't even get drafted or a UDFA contract."

• Upvote 2