• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Thread for Summer News

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

36 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

He could be used at the fox end to rush at times too.  I think they move him around a little in obvious passing downs as our pass rush needs all the help it can get.  

I could see that. I just don't like anointing someone as the ILB when they haven't shown they can play at the D1 level.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

14 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I could see that. I just don't like anointing someone as the ILB when they haven't shown they can play at the D1 level.  

I'm with you. He has a lot to prove and Juco's, even highly regarded guys are always a coin flip.  I'm not penciling him in as a starter but he was brought here for a reason.   The other side of the coin is he left OK St for a reason too.  I think one of the two between him and Studstill make a big impact this season not sure which one though.  I will say Macon's position group needs the help more than the secondary.  We played a lot of 1st and second year on campus guys in the back end next year and it's reasonable to assume that a few of them take some big steps forward due to the experience and Ellis actually knowing how to coach.   

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

He was the Juco defensive player of the year. I don't think our current option could have done that. Both backers were in need of an upgrade.  Goes back to what was inherited.

What is going on with Stacy Kirby?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

23 hours ago, Corey lea said:

If he is healed there is no way that he doesn't start day 1.

So he hasn't played a game since the 2016 season? There's one reason he might not start on day 1.

10 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

He was the Juco defensive player of the year.

Trivia... who was the 2017 NJCAA defensive player of the year and what coach does he currently play for?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

14 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Trivia... who was the 2017 NJCAA defensive player of the year and what coach does he currently play for?

"Who is nobody knows for 2000, Alex?"

8 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

"Who is nobody knows for 2000, Alex?"

Exactly why the 2016 player is better than nothing, but means very little in the grand scheme. And xCSH has him at La Tech.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

34 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Both backers were in need of an upgrade.  Goes back to what was inherited.

I keep seeing posts about how the cupboard was or wasn't bare... but keep in mind you have to restock it every year no matter what.

Maybe if Tags is still here he does better...maybe worse...maybe the same.

I guess I just don't understand getting hung up on 'what Taggart left'.  In Strong's second year he graduated a senior class with most wins in school history.  That's clearly not bare, but it also doesn't mean there are existing underclassmen ready to take over...but like I said, you can't know if Taggart would have had better replacements at this point or not.  There's just no way to prove anything.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, Ghostbuster said:

I keep seeing posts about how the cupboard was or wasn't bare... but keep in mind you have to restock it every year no matter what.

Maybe if Tags is still here he does better...maybe worse...maybe the same.

I guess I just don't understand getting hung up on 'what Taggart left'.  In Strong's second year he graduated a senior class with most wins in school history.  That's clearly not bare, but it also doesn't mean there are existing underclassmen ready to take over...but like I said, you can't know if Taggart would have had better replacements at this point or not.  There's just no way to prove anything.

I think a large part of what is hurting CCS is his half of that transition class really fell apart once on campus so kids that you would hope would be ready to step up this season and contribute are gone and your'e left with big holes in your roster.   All of the below were kids who committed after CWT left to CCS and are no longer on campus:  

Jeffery Farrar

Chancy Smart

Kevaughn Dingle

Donelle Thomas

Naytron Culpepper 

Kierston Johnson 

The only kids who verbaled and signed after CCS came on board and are still on campus are Demetrius Harris, Jerbreel Stephens, and Jeremiah Stafford and even then only 1 is getting on the field at that point.  I don't hold it against him as transition classes are usually not a true reflection of a coaches recruiting ability but man did his half of that class put him in a bad spot.  Then throw in the Duke transfers bascially washing out and here we are.   It's hard to restock/stock anything when 6 of the 9 kids you recruited, and almost 30% of the total class don't stay on campus for more than 2 years.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

Well I guess CCS is showing his prowess to use the portal to immediately upgrade the talent level.

I have no problem with all the moves, including staff shake up.

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2019/5/4/18529787/cb-kj-sails-announces-intention-to-transfer-to-usf-north-carolina-miami-fau