• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Thread for Summer News

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, Corey lea said:

Our D couldn't stop a high school team last year. If CCS is willing to give him a shot then I'm ok with it. I just hope we can upgrade from Sawtelle. We need bodies and I hope Antontio G. And Mason are the answer. Even Mims could be better.

If you're going to pick out players to blame for last year's D, not sure why him.  We were 6-0 in games Sawtelle played, averaging over 1 TFL per game. Nobody else on the team did that ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

If you're going to pick out players to blame for last year's D, not sure why him.  We were 6-0 in games Sawtelle played, averaging over 1 TFL per game. Nobody else on the team did that ...

Yeah didn't the downhill slide almost coincide with him getting hurt? 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

12 hours ago, Corey lea said:

Our D couldn't stop a high school team last year. If CCS is willing to give him a shot then I'm ok with it. I just hope we can upgrade from Sawtelle. We need bodies and I hope Antontio G. And Mason are the answer. Even Mims could be better.

He led a division 2 football team in tackles his sophomore year (last year), that means he was their best defensive player.....He has 2 years left and I'll make a bet that this dude is actually pretty good. I seen his high school tape and he hits hard. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

This is his MO.  He will take a crap on any player he can to avoid anyone criticizing CCS (this got him shown the door at another community).  Gotta remember he's here for CCS and no other reason.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On 4/27/2019 at 2:46 PM, CousinRicky said:

They don't play football in the summer.

The CFL does. What do you guys think about BJ Daniels giving the CFL a try? How about QF?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I shouldn't wade into these deep waters, but here I go....

Sawtelle wasn't the best MLB USF has ever seen, but he didn't suck as bad as his replacements. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

17 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

The CFL does. What do you guys think about BJ Daniels giving the CFL a try? How about QF?

I never really thought about it, but it seems like a league BJ could thrive in. I say give it a shot!

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

14 hours ago, JTrue said:

Anytime chance you get to tap into a pipeline to a 2-8 FCS team, you've got to take it.

If you're gunna have one pipeline you have to choose a 2-8 non-scholarship FCS team.   

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

14 hours ago, Corey lea said:

I'm totally ok with CCS bringing in more bodies, but if our defense couldn't stop a high school team last year, JU's would have had its hands full in a game of Red Rover.

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

This is his MO.  He will take a crap on any player he can to avoid anyone criticizing CCS (this got him shown the door at another community).  Gotta remember he's here for CCS and no other reason.

Really??? Oh Sawtelle was not the only player that was horrible on the defense and I have called out what seem to be problem players. It just happens that this guy plays middle LB. As far showing the door...well I see why they have very few posts. I criticize CCS all the time when it's warranted. However, their are plenty of unwarranted criticism of him by guys like you. For example, this roster was loaded. Oh how wrong you were, there was very little talent behind a few bright spots in year 1 and 2. I am glad CCS changed staff and brought in new players.