• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spring game run in with Mike Kelly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

While me and El Toro engorged ourselves on FREE wings from World OF Beer we ran into a wandering Michael Kelly , our acting AD, we had some questions ; he answered.

1. How is the new president and what does he think about USF athletics?  a: I haven’t met him yet but he has promised more money to athletics.

2. How do we reclaim Tampa as BULLS COUNTRY not Gville south.? What strides are taking place to make Tampa BULLS COUNTRY ? Selling the Bay Area? A: concentrating on South Tampa and  Beach areas  to promote the brand.

3. The IPF is coming and it is a package deal to a stadium  on campus. 

Loved the candidness of Mr. Mike Kelly and his openness , polar opposite of Harlan.

Asked him about Corbett Stadium as a potential site, he didn’t say yes or no, just it has to share the soccer and softball teams.

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull

I like Mr. Kelly.  He is a breath of fresh air.....he has a hard job here at USF.  i know some people dont think he is moving things along fast enough.  But I still think we will look back at this hire as being a turning point for our athletic dept.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

By the title of the thread, I was expecting you to say that he was talking **** and you kicked his ass.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

11 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

While me and El Toro engorged ourselves on FREE wings from World OF Beer we ran into a wandering Michael Kelly , our acting AD, we had some questions ; he answered.

1. How is the new president and what does he think about USF athletics?  a: I haven’t met him yet but he has promised more money to athletics.

2. How do we reclaim Tampa as BULLS COUNTRY not Gville south.? What strides are taking place to make Tampa BULLS COUNTRY ? Selling the Bay Area? A: concentrating on South Tampa and  Beach areas  to promote the brand.

Loved the candidness of Mr. Mike Kelly and his openness , polar opposite of Harlan.

Asked him about Corbett Stadium as a potential site, he didn’t say yes or no, just it has to share the soccer and softball teams.

Not acting.  Permanent position just being called VPofA.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

He seems to actually be interested in building something sustainable here. Any other VPoA/AD looking to springboard would be forcing/rushing the IPF along without the proper monetary backing and placing our athletic department into financial peril in order to tout what they did to get their next gig. I am hoping he is here for the long-haul. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

52 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

By the title of the thread, I was expecting you to say that he was talking **** and you kicked his ass.

Yeah, “run in” to me invokes something different than what actually seemed to occur. Maybe should have used “Spring game hook up with Mike Kelly”. Of course that could have invoked something different, too. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yeah, “run in” to me invokes something different than what actually seemed to occur. Maybe should have used “Spring game hook up with Mike Kelly”. Of course that could have invoked something different, too. 

Whatever it takes to get the IPF built!!!

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

Wait...what? Am I reading this correctly? Funding tied to an on campus football stadium? 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

When me and my group left Mr Kelly was standing at the gate closest to the Selmon center and shaking people's hands and thanking them for coming.  I can't say it enough, this guy gets it and he's going to do big things for USF.   

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I loved his shoes