• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spring game run in with Mike Kelly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Skingraft said:

I loved his shoes 

Huh?

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, IBulleve said:

Wait...what? Am I reading this correctly? Funding tied to an on campus football stadium? 

Agree with Jchem...it was a pleasure meeting VPoA Mike Kelly.  Very open and candid with us and patient too as we crammed wings and beer down our pie holes whilst chatting.  I think he was referring to building the IPF and football center at the same time.  When we mentioned that the previous AD said we could start with the IPF and then move on to the football center as the funds came in he had a perplexed look on his face.  When this project starts, it will be because the funds are there to do both.  When asked if we would break ground this year, he said possibly but definitely by this time next year.  It appears to be all about the benjamins and how fast they roll in.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

22 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Huh?

He had SoFlo Adidas USF shoes on

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I think he was referring to building the IPF and football center at the same time. When we mentioned that the previous AD said we could start with the IPF and then move on to the football center as the funds came in he had a perplexed look on his face.

Was wondering what that meant, also. Makes sense now ...

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

When we mentioned that the previous AD said we could start with the IPF and then move on to the football center as the funds came in he had a perplexed look on his face.  When this project starts, it will be because the funds are there to do both.

I asked him about the partial funding thing too. His response was that the state currently wants to see projects fully funded rather than a portion of projects being under debt service.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

VP Kelly is a nice guy. VP Kelly is personable and interacts well with the fans. When Kelly was hired I was underwhelmed but others were excited and I wanted to believe. VPK points to self help posters in his office that say things like keep calm and play to your strengths while a cat dangles from a limb and he actually believes its sage advice on how to live life. Kelly is a walking cooperate cliche that will always take the risk adverse approach to our middling in the middle that is already the AAC. VP Kelly makes me weep for our bland future.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

40 minutes ago, puc86 said:

VP Kelly is a nice guy. VP Kelly is personable and interacts well with the fans. When Kelly was hired I was underwhelmed but others were excited and I wanted to believe. VPK points to self help posters in his office that say things like keep calm and play to your strengths while a cat dangles from a limb and he actually believes its sage advice on how to live life. Kelly is a walking cooperate cliche that will always take the risk adverse approach to our middling in the middle that is already the AAC. VP Kelly makes me weep for our bland future.

My daily motto that I say each morning:

1F94D452-0ADE-4025-BAFB-7F745971C5FE.jpeg

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

My daily motto that I say each morning:

1F94D452-0ADE-4025-BAFB-7F745971C5FE.jpeg

Brian?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Did you punch him?

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

We ran into VP Kelly at a restaurant near campus after the game also.

1. He is not afraid to talk to the fans /  alumni (obvious since we were in gear).

2. I mentioned I am going to miss the HB dive (hehe) and he was very judicious in answering.  Something about a new offense but I could tell he knew what I meant. 

3. LOVED his Addidas shoes. The side of the rubber sole was black and green checkerboard.