• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How CCS just built a team to beat Wis., GT and UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think most do acknowledge what CJL actually did accomplish here, although nothing short of a miracle may be a tad over stated. The big difference comes in that a lot also don't believe that things would be terribly different in the overall grand scheme of things .... maybe some elusive conf championships ...... that you wouldn't acknowledge because we'd still be in this ******** of a conference.

Is there some other person that created a program in trailers and then had them in the BCS and number 2 in the country in less than a decade that I am unaware of? And in the alternate universe where we didn’t fire cjl we never end up creating the AAC because he was the visionary that recognized being separate from UCF was in our best interest. 0-4 and no more was how the bore on I-4 was meant to die, instead we killed our founding father and tethered ourselves to the anchor he worked so hard to separate us from.

Edited by puc86
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

CJL... legend 

Just one top OC always seemed to avoid him

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

11 hours ago, puc86 said:

Is there some other person that created a program in trailers and then had them in the BCS and number 2 in the country in less than a decade that I am unaware of?

Doesn't matter if someone else did it or not, it all boils down to your interpretation of "nothing short of a miracle". A miracle, to me, would have been sustaining the early success of 2007 through that year and beyond, so to me it was indeed short of a miracle. CJL didn't single handedly get us into the BCS. A lot of factors were involved there.

And in the alternate universe where we didn’t fire cjl we never end up creating the AAC because he was the visionary that recognized being separate from UCF was in our best interest. 0-4 and no more was how the bore on I-4 was meant to die, instead we killed our founding father and tethered ourselves to the anchor he worked so hard to separate us from.

Your alternate universe is a great fairy tale with absolutely no basis in reality .....

I will always love CJL for what he did for the program but the mythical proportions some go to at times, especially pertaining to the totally unsupportable thought that we wouldn't be in the place we are right now, with the same people, is kind of ridiculous.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Doesn't matter if someone else did it or not, it all boils down to your interpretation of "nothing short of a miracle". A miracle, to me, would have been sustaining the early success of 2007 through that year and beyond, so to me it was indeed short of a miracle. CJL didn't single handedly get us into the BCS. A lot of factors were involved there.

Your alternate universe is a great fairy tale with absolutely no basis in reality .....

I will always love CJL for what he did for the program but the mythical proportions some go to at times, especially pertaining to the totally unsupportable thought that we wouldn't be in the place we are right now, with the same people, is kind of ridiculous.

It’s unfathomable that if we didn’t have a major change of course that we may not end up in the exact same place? This isn’t some butterfly flapping it’s wings effecting the cost of tea in China, its a major change of direction and philosophy within our program leading to something a previous major decision maker was deadset against. Some of the reasons people wanted him gone was because of his stance on being done with UCF where as they felt we needed a “rival”. CJL was right they brought nothing to our lives while taking plenty away, our returning to them has caused some freaky Friday exchange of course which has left us being the new UCiF. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Some of the reasons people wanted him gone was because of his stance on being done with UCF where as they felt we needed a “rival”.

Find me one person who felt this way.

17 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Find me one person who felt this way.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Neither of them stated that they wanted CJL gone because of not playing the game.

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

Neither of them stated that they wanted CJL gone because of not playing the game.

They said it would go on with or without him and that his ego was the only thing standing in the way. Steve was pretty adamant about wanting a change away from CJL as well as in wanting to play UCF year in and year out, I don't think its a big jump to connect those things in some fashion. I am sure I can find more if I dig thru it but there were quite a few anti CJL people on the board as well as people that wanted a rivalry with UCF at all costs, the Venn diagram of those groups had more in the overlapping section than they did in the people who only had one of those views.  

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

They said it would go on with or without him and that his ego was the only thing standing in the way. Steve was pretty adamant about wanting a change away from CJL as well as in wanting to play UCF year in and year out, I don't think its a big jump to connect those things in some fashion. I am sure I can find more if I dig thru it but there were quite a few anti CJL people on the board as well as people that wanted a rivalry with UCF at all costs, the Venn diagram of those groups had more in the overlapping section than they did in the people who only had one of those views.  

Wanting to play the game and wanting CJL gone are not mutually exclusive

Edited by Apis Bull

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

Wanting to play the game and wanting CJL are not mutually exclusive

No but there was a greater desire to play the game found in anti Leavitt people to a degree where even if it wasn’t explicitly stated as a reason, the running of the arguments in parallel would seem to indicate some form of a link.