• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

How CCS just built a team to beat Wis., GT and UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

I’ll take the position that if we hadn’t fired Leavitt we’d have never hired Holtz and started the downward spiral.  I was happy with 8-9 wins per year, many over good teams.

I think that's a certainty.   

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

We have a starting point.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

44 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I feel he was hard nosed against us associating with them and that the athletic department followed that stance. I think when he was dismissed there was less of that counter point in athletics and it allowed a softening of that stance. I do not believe there was a huge push in the BEAST for bringing them in as most teams had already started their exit strategy which is why they rejected the tv contract and moved to their new conferences shortly there after. Had we wanted to keep them out there is nothing that they brought to the table that would have had Cinci and UConn telling us to kick rocks in order to bring them in. Now do I believe we would have been guaranteed a spot at the big boy table had we not parted ways? Probably not, but certainly falling down at that crucial point didn’t help our cause any.  So we perhaps could have ended up in a different spot but more likely we would have shaped the Big East differently as CJL was the most aware person in our administration that UCF was a negative to our lives and we needed to run not walk away from them.

The Big East was dead, and there's nothing CJL could have done about that. Once that happened, we were destined to be in the same conference as the Kanigits, as much as most of us detested the thought.

19 minutes ago, Brad said:

I’ll take the position that if we hadn’t fired Leavitt we’d have never hired Holtz and started the downward spiral.  I was happy with 8-9 wins per year, many over good teams.

Can't argue with that ...... assuming the downward spiral you're talking about pertains to the football record only.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

48 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

This is not how it went down at all..... Pitt and Cuse led the charge to reject the TV deal and publicly said it was to get a better deal for the BE while working under the table with ESPN, behind the rest of the conference's back, to move to the ACC.   They did not make their plans known until after they killed the deal and it came out they were working with ESPN/The ACC.  This is why  TCU agreed to join the conference BEFORE those guys announced their plan and backed out after Pitt and Cuse left.   Pitt and Cuse murdered the BE for personal gain and those that had the clout  to get a lifeboat did.   

I agree with this which is why I doubt they were jockeying to save the conference by bringing in UCF which doesn’t even pass the giggle test when it comes to a solution 

28 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The Big East was dead, and there's nothing CJL could have done about that. Once that happened, we were destined to be in the same conference as the Kanigits, as much as most of us detested the thought.

But why? There were plenty of equally mediocre teams to build a conference of trash with. Who was clamoring for that specific piece of rubbish to build a crap tower from?

24 minutes ago, puc86 said:

But why? There were plenty of equally mediocre teams to build a conference of trash with. Who was clamoring for that specific piece of rubbish to build a crap tower from?

God bless you for bring able to keep yourself wrapped up in that green and gold cocoon, seemingly oblivious to the cruel, real world outside ...

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

God bless you for bring able to keep yourself wrapped up in that green and gold cocoon, seemingly oblivious to the cruel, real world outside ...

All reality is a construct, I just prefer my construction over others 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

All reality is a construct, I just prefer my construction over others 

• Crying 1