• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How CCS just built a team to beat Wis., GT and UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,068
  • Days Won:  56

3 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I love the optimism and all things point to this being an improved team.  But to say we are going to beat Whisky, Tech and Central.....is really asking alot.  This is where people get their expectations crushed.

Although i do believe we have a real shot at beating Central this year.....arent they due for taking a step back.  They cant keep up this pace especially with no Milton....and im not sold yet on their new coach.  He was riding Frosts team last year.

I think they're good again this year and then take that step back in 2020.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:49 AM, Calibull said:

Watched the scrimmage as CCC and the offense has some serious talent.  McDoom is real, probably the most explosive guy we’ve ever had at WR... Ford in the slot/rb will be problems for teams.  The Oline is still working things out but are much improved over last season.  Barnett and McCloud are really really good.  Bells offense is the best and most diversified offense we’ve ever had at USF... yes ever.  We’re solid on the offensive side of the ball.  

Defense should be much improved .  Having had the opportunity to see the giys in person and they are bigger... a lot bigger.  This is not the same team as last season so looking to last season to judge this team is like those who judged the basketball team on their prior season.  Apples and oranges.  Livingstone is an absolute monster.  Spoke with him for a second about offseason workouts because the guy is just a big fast massive human, he is going to have a monster season.  The Dline will be much better.. Reaves looks like a DE now, put on really goos weight and he moves really good.  Lotsnof team speed and size on defense.  I dont think everyone running with the 1’s in the spring will be starting opening day, especially in the secondary... it has never happened so I’m not sure why people think it will this season.  

Looking at Burnett, he’s going to end up starting.  He’s just a natural.  The secondary will be good.  This is a better team than we had last season, and these guys bring a different attitude.  Mark this... I think they win the conference this season. 

So barring key injuries, there's no excuse for Charlie should we produce a 7-5 or worse regular season?

Just curious, did they line Ford up at RB at all, or just slot?

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Ford was just at receiver, Cherry got the bulk of the carries, and i was impressed, my biggest concerns remain linebacker and secondary(especially depth at secondary) hope Burnett pans out and the notre dame transfer can make immediate impact, felt we lacked toughness at safety last year

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I remember losing 6 straight games.

I remember jockeying hard to trade shifts to get the day of the bowl game free so I could attend the worst attended and saddest game ever.

I remember feeling embarrassed for us as I looked around at the extremely poor attendance at a bowl game in our home city. I bought 8 tickets to that game and tried hard to get anyone I knew to go by giving the tickets to them if they'd show. 

I remember thinking... I paid someone to take my night shift and took a hit on income around holiday time just so I could show up to watch the team seemingly not put in maximum effort, and CERTAINLY so I should watch our fanbase not put in maximum effort.

I am not sold on the current coaching staff and frankly would need to be astronomically impressed with wins over the OOC teams on our schedule to reinvest my confidence. Yes, I would rather get the splashy wins early in the season even if it meant bleeding a few in the back half because my pride as a USF fan is horribly bruised after failure in what should have been an undefeated season in 2017 and a slew of unfortunately obvious deficiencies in coaching that many will recall several of us posted about prior to the back half collapse of 2018. 

This season was supposed to be Charlie's 3rd year. The year we SHOW UP. The year USF gets back onto the national scene. Charlie was supposed to take Taggart's very full cupboard and maximize it, but instead he wasted it. We have just about the best OOC schedule I can remember and I believe we are going to fail miserably to capitalize on that opportunity while UCF just keeps passing us up as the tallest of the G5 ahead of any future realignment.

My belief is that we need to let Charlie have his 3rd year and unless he goes just about undefeated, we should kindly part ways, so hopefully someone more hungry can be found who can take aim at that 2022 schedule against Texas, Florida, and Louisville.

• Upvote 1
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Faza is going to get yelled at, the positivity police are not going to like this post one bit. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Considering Strong is a defense guy year 3 should start showing us something I'd hope. Even if ranked in 50s would be a monster improvement.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, FazaUSF said:

I remember jockeying hard to trade shifts to get the day of the bowl game free so I could attend the worst attended and saddest game ever.

I remember feeling embarrassed for us as I looked around at the extremely poor attendance at a bowl game in our home city. I bought 8 tickets to that game and tried hard to get anyone I knew to go by giving the tickets to them if they'd show. 

I remember thinking... I paid someone to take my night shift and took a hit on income around holiday time just so I could show up to watch the team seemingly not put in maximum effort, and CERTAINLY so I should watch our fanbase not put in maximum effort.

I am not sold on the current coaching staff and frankly would need to be astronomically impressed with wins over the OOC teams on our schedule to reinvest my confidence. Yes, I would rather get the splashy wins early in the season even if it meant bleeding a few in the back half because my pride as a USF fan is horribly bruised after failure in what should have been an undefeated season in 2017 and a slew of unfortunately obvious deficiencies in coaching that many will recall several of us posted about prior to the back half collapse of 2018. 

This season was supposed to be Charlie's 3rd year. The year we SHOW UP. The year USF gets back onto the national scene. Charlie was supposed to take Taggart's very full cupboard and maximize it, but instead he wasted it. We have just about the best OOC schedule I can remember and I believe we are going to fail miserably to capitalize on that opportunity while UCF just keeps passing us up as the tallest of the G5 ahead of any future realignment.

My belief is that we need to let Charlie have his 3rd year and unless he goes just about undefeated, we should kindly part ways, so hopefully someone more hungry can be found who can take aim at that 2022 schedule against Texas, Florida, and Louisville.

This all makes a whole lot of sense and I can empathize with how you feel.

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

54 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

This all makes a whole lot of sense and I can empathize with how you feel.

Considering Taggart left a handful of quality starters for Strong's first year and subsequent year was really low talent wise across the board. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

This is a little confusing. What season are you talking about? This season IS, not supposed to be, Charlie's 3rd year ...... but then you're talking about taking "Taggart's very full cupboard" and there's no way that can be referencing THIS year.

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

Faza - hang in there buddy.  Do you need a hug?  The world is not coming to an end yet i promise you.

Yes the last 6 games were bitterly dissappointing.  But that doesnt mean it will carry over to next year.....all things point to an improved team this year.  And if the worse happens and the bottom falls out - AD Kelly will find the right guy to take us forward.