• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How CCS just built a team to beat Wis., GT and UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

It’s unfathomable that if we didn’t have a major change of course that we may not end up in the exact same place? This isn’t some butterfly flapping it’s wings effecting the cost of tea in China, its a major change of direction and philosophy within our program leading to something a previous major decision maker was deadset against. Some of the reasons people wanted him gone was because of his stance on being done with UCF where as they felt we needed a “rival”. CJL was right they brought nothing to our lives while taking plenty away, our returning to them has caused some freaky Friday exchange of course which has left us being the new UCiF. 

Hummm...I think why some wanted him gone was because of his record in the Big East and the sense that he could not beat Uconn. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

17 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Hummm...I think why some wanted him gone was because of his record in the Big East and the sense that he could not beat Uconn. 

Many people wanted him gone because they didnt like his personality and thought his ego was getting the best of him. Many people thought CJL's ego was why we would no longer play UCF. Some people thought playing UCF was important. Of the people that thought playing UCF was important most were in the CJL's ego is damaging our program camp. When people think something is damaging them they usually want to change that. 

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Many people wanted him gone because they didnt like his personality and thought his ego was getting the best of him. Many people thought CJL's ego was why we would no longer play UCF. Some people thought playing UCF was important. Of the people that thought playing UCF was important most were in the CJL's ego is damaging our program camp. When people think something is damaging them they usually want to change that. 

For someone that does not buy into the ucf hype you sure do use them a lot in your argument. It’s bad form dude...no one got on CJL ass from USF about his position on ucf...this was not even on the radar for being a factor...

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

For someone that does not buy into the ucf hype you sure do use them a lot in your argument. It’s bad form dude...no one got on CJL ass from USF about his position on ucf...this was not even on the radar for being a factor...

I just linked to several posters where it was on their radar, there are 58 pages of links that would be discussions where it was more than likely discussed or alluded to. 

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I just linked to several posters where it was on their radar, there are 58 pages of links that would be discussions where it was more than likely discussed or alluded to. 

Again I don’t think it was even on the radar 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

CJL is in Florida.  Maybe Michael Kelly can meet with him.  Mr. Kelly seemed to defuse the indian burial ground thing haunting MBB. 

We need to get the Leavitt thing resolved to eliminate the rivalry in our fan base.  It’s stronger than any rivalry with ucf or other team.  

Reverse the curse.  

And @Meeps forgot Publix. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

It’s unfathomable that if we didn’t have a major change of course that we may not end up in the exact same place? This isn’t some butterfly flapping it’s wings effecting the cost of tea in China, its a major change of direction and philosophy within our program leading to something a previous major decision maker was deadset against. Some of the reasons people wanted him gone was because of his stance on being done with UCF where as they felt we needed a “rival”. CJL was right they brought nothing to our lives while taking plenty away, our returning to them has caused some freaky Friday exchange of course which has left us being the new UCiF. 

All I'm asking is what do you realistically think CJL would/could have done for us to avoid being in the place where we are right now .... some specifics, not just waxing poetic about how he felt about playing UCF.

25 minutes ago, Triple B said:

All I'm asking is what do you realistically think CJL would/could have done for us to avoid being in the place where we are right now .... some specifics, not just waxing poetic about how he felt about playing UCF.

I feel he was hard nosed against us associating with them and that the athletic department followed that stance. I think when he was dismissed there was less of that counter point in athletics and it allowed a softening of that stance. I do not believe there was a huge push in the BEAST for bringing them in as most teams had already started their exit strategy which is why they rejected the tv contract and moved to their new conferences shortly there after. Had we wanted to keep them out there is nothing that they brought to the table that would have had Cinci and UConn telling us to kick rocks in order to bring them in. Now do I believe we would have been guaranteed a spot at the big boy table had we not parted ways? Probably not, but certainly falling down at that crucial point didn’t help our cause any.  So we perhaps could have ended up in a different spot but more likely we would have shaped the Big East differently as CJL was the most aware person in our administration that UCF was a negative to our lives and we needed to run not walk away from them.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

38 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I feel he was hard nosed against us associating with them and that the athletic department followed that stance. I think when he was dismissed there was less of that counter point in athletics and it allowed a softening of that stance. I do not believe there was a huge push in the BEAST for bringing them in as most teams had already started their exit strategy which is why they rejected the tv contract and moved to their new conferences shortly there after. Had we wanted to keep them out there is nothing that they brought to the table that would have had Cinci and UConn telling us to kick rocks in order to bring them in. Now do I believe we would have been guaranteed a spot at the big boy table had we not parted ways? Probably not, but certainly falling down at that crucial point didn’t help our cause any.  So we perhaps could have ended up in a different spot but more likely we would have shaped the Big East differently as CJL was the most aware person in our administration that UCF was a negative to our lives and we needed to run not walk away from them.

This is not how it went down at all..... Pitt and Cuse led the charge to reject the TV deal and publicly said it was to get a better deal for the BE while working under the table with ESPN, behind the rest of the conference's back, to move to the ACC.   They did not make their plans known until after they killed the deal and it came out they were working with ESPN/The ACC.  This is why  TCU agreed to join the conference BEFORE those guys announced their plan and backed out after Pitt and Cuse left.   Pitt and Cuse murdered the BE for personal gain and those that had the clout  to get a lifeboat did.   

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

I’ll take the position that if we hadn’t fired Leavitt we’d have never hired Holtz and started the downward spiral.  I was happy with 8-9 wins per year, many over good teams.