• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Vs UCF: Series info and discussion.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

It would be nice to beat them in something, how the tides have changed. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,636
  • Days Won:  6

Wow.  I'm guessing this is the first time in AAC history, we are both tied for last place in the standings?  Unusual for both programs to fall in the same season.

Guest Jonesy Bull
35 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Wow.  I'm guessing this is the first time in AAC history, we are both tied for last place in the standings?  Unusual for both programs to fall in the same season.

And two Florida teams at that, how does that happen in a high school baseball rich state!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

And two Florida teams at that, how does that happen in a high school baseball rich state!

I’ve been asking that question relative to USF for years. This program should have had at least one trip to Omaha by now. The fact we have not even won a conference championship in years is laughable. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
48 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I’ve been asking that question relative to USF for years. This program should have had at least one trip to Omaha by now. The fact we have not even won a conference championship in years is laughable. 

We have been to several regionals, and getting past a Florida or Florida State at their Site is very difficult......BUT your point is well taken.  Seems like we would have "lucked" into a CWS appearance at some point.  The Conference Championship drought is more perplexing.

25 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

We have been to several regionals, and getting past a Florida or Florida State at their Site is very difficult......BUT your point is well taken.  Seems like we would have "lucked" into a CWS appearance at some point.  The Conference Championship drought is more perplexing.

Hell go back to the 1980s when there was not near as much competition in college baseball as there is now. I remember watching USF teams with MLB talent playing and beating UF and FSU. Yet they did nothing when it mattered most. The chance to Omaha is much more difficult now and I can live with that but not getting a conference title in the Big East and now the AAC is laughable. Did we really just lose to Cincy? 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Not as much competition in the 80's?   UF went to the College WS 1 time in the 80's, FSU - 4, and Miami - 7.  Less competition?   USF has always had to take the scraps and even battled UT at times for top tier talent.  I'm not saying they couldn't or shouldn't have made a World Series appearance yet, but it's not incomprehensible that they haven't.

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

Not as much competition in the 80's?   UF went to the College WS 1 time in the 80's, FSU - 4, and Miami - 7.  Less competition?   USF has always had to take the scraps and even battled UT at times for top tier talent.  I'm not saying they couldn't or shouldn't have made a World Series appearance yet, but it's not incomprehensible that they haven't.

Less competition relative to Stetson, FGCU, etc. whenever we lose to one of these schools the first thing I hear is “well they are very good.”