• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Last year, we played bad in EVERY game we played and still came out with 7 wins. Just imagine if we actually play half decent football or better yet, play "good' football. 

….which is why some are picking the "under". Consistent bad play, with nothing in the way of adjustments have obviously left some here not trusting Charlie, and who can blame them? We barely got by some really bad teams: Tulsa (3-9) ECU (3-9) UConn (1-11), and were blown out by a couple of teams you'd think we would have been able to "out-athlete": Tulane, Marshall. The coaching simply sucked, and there's no proof yet to believe differently IMO. It's still Charlie working with a very similar talent level that he did in 2018, and the schedule will be more difficult this year. Hopefully Bell is an upgrade, which I'm assuming HAS to be the case. If he's not, there's no reason to believe we get past 7 wins.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

….which is why some are picking the "under". Consistent bad play, with nothing in the way of adjustments have obviously left some here not trusting Charlie, and who can blame them? We barely got by some really bad teams: Tulsa (3-9) ECU (3-9) UConn (1-11), and were blown out by a couple of teams you'd think we would have been able to "out-athlete": Tulane, Marshall. The coaching simply sucked, and there's no proof yet to believe differently IMO. It's still Charlie working with a very similar talent level that he did in 2018, and the schedule will be more difficult this year. Hopefully Bell is an upgrade, which I'm assuming HAS to be the case. If he's not, there's no reason to believe we get past 7 wins.

Pretty much sums it up

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

6 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Could not have said it better myself

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Alot can happen between now and August, but as of today, March 11th, this is what I am predicting for USF

Wisconsin L

@ Georgia Tech L

SC State W

SMU W

@ UConn W

BYU W

@ Navy L

@ East Carolina W

Temple W

Cincinnati L

Memphis W

@ UCF L

I thought about BYU but they are road warriors with home field advantage at away games. They also seem to be getting better. 

16 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

but last year was last year....

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

but last year was last year....

Yes, but would you agree that the coaching was sub-par in 2018? Is Charlie suddenly going to become Knute Rockne this year? Some of your predictions of the 8 possible wins had to be based at least in-part on last season I would think, and there's nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't bet with this over/under simply because I have no idea what Bell will bring. I can't ignore the end of last season though. Charlie struggled with, or lost to inferior teams consistently. I would obviously love to see Charlie do well and win the conference, but that's really difficult to imagine at this point. 

Guest Jonesy Bull

There are so many unknowns, it is so hard to predict right now.  7.5 is a good number for Vegas considering where this team is right now.

My sense is we are going to be a better team.  I think the assistant coaches we have brought in are better, and dont they do most of the actual "coaching" not Charlie?  But how quick will this offense learn the new system?  How much better will we be on defense and special teams?  How much will the returning players improve and the new players blend in?

With these unknowns i think there is a 50/50 chance it could go either way.  Im an optimist at heart so i will take the over, but not betting any big bucks on it either.

24 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

There are so many unknowns, it is so hard to predict right now.  7.5 is a good number for Vegas considering where this team is right now.

My sense is we are going to be a better team.  I think the assistant coaches we have brought in are better, and dont they do most of the actual "coaching" not Charlie?  But how quick will this offense learn the new system?  How much better will we be on defense and special teams?  How much will the returning players improve and the new players blend in?

With these unknowns i think there is a 50/50 chance it could go either way.  Im an optimist at heart so i will take the over, but not betting any big bucks on it either.

The assistant coaches have a hand in it, and there may have been an upgrade in that area, but we can't know that for sure right now. I think Charlie saying, week after week in 2018, that the team wasn't prepared, is what sticks with people.

The questions you ask are good questions. There will actually be a playbook to learn on offense now.  How this offense works here is what I'm really looking forward to finding out. As far as betting goes, no way I'd touch the over/under on this. Just impossible to say without having seen the new offense.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

I think we win 7 or 8 out of 13 so I’m running far away from that over under.

Guest Jonesy Bull
8 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

The assistant coaches have a hand in it, and there may have been an upgrade in that area, but we can't know that for sure right now. I think Charlie saying, week after week in 2018, that the team wasn't prepared, is what sticks with people.

The questions you ask are good questions. There will actually be a playbook to learn on offense now.  How this offense works here is what I'm really looking forward to finding out. As far as betting goes, no way I'd touch the over/under on this. Just impossible to say without having seen the new offense.

Yeah having a more complex playbook (I'm assuming) and a more creative OC is exciting but again its going to take some time to learn depending on how complex it is.  We do have a senior veteran QB so hopefully that helps. 

I like most people am concerned about Charlie.  I dont know if he is the answer or not.  This year will tell alot i suppose.

25 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Yeah having a more complex playbook (I'm assuming) and a more creative OC is exciting but again its going to take some time to learn depending on how complex it is.

Having a playbook at all will be a change. IIRC, Gilbert literally had no playbook.

27 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I like most people am concerned about Charlie.  I dont know if he is the answer or not.  This year will tell alot i suppose.

Agreed