• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

….which is why some are picking the "under". Consistent bad play, with nothing in the way of adjustments have obviously left some here not trusting Charlie, and who can blame them? We barely got by some really bad teams: Tulsa (3-9) ECU (3-9) UConn (1-11), and were blown out by a couple of teams you'd think we would have been able to "out-athlete": Tulane, Marshall. The coaching simply sucked, and there's no proof yet to believe differently IMO. It's still Charlie working with a very similar talent level that he did in 2018, and the schedule will be more difficult this year. Hopefully Bell is an upgrade, which I'm assuming HAS to be the case. If he's not, there's no reason to believe we get past 7 wins.

My point was that it is impossible 2 play worse than last year. I just dont see it with the returning and new talent. In addition to the new coaching staff. I feel the dark cloud called Gilbert has passed and we have so much speed this year. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

11 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

My point was that it is impossible 2 play worse than last year. I just dont see it with the returning and new talent. In addition to the new coaching staff. I feel the dark cloud called Gilbert has passed and we have so much speed this year. 

God knows everybody hopes that you are right. This will be the first year in a long time that I will go into the season with almost no expectations. At this point I have no respect for Charlie Strong as a coach at all.

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
Just now, BDYZR said:

God knows everybody hopes that you are right. This will be the first year in a long time that I will go into the season with almost no expectations. At this point I have no respect for Charlie Strong as a coach at all.

I think that's a little harsh to say no respect at all for Charlie.  He has done some good things in the past while at Florida and Louisville.  Obviously there was the Texas fiasco, and he hasn't exactly endeared himself to the USF faithful.  However, he seems to be a decent recruiter and has some coaching qualities - although I don't like the overall conservative style.  But was that more of a product of Gilbert being here or Charlie?  Big question mark.

Having said that, the jury is definitely out.  I'm not convinced he is the answer.  I do like some of the moves that we made in the off-season with the new Assistant Coaches.  Although I do question if that was Charlie's doing, or more of a force of hand by our excellent VP of Athletics - Kelly. 

I'm willing to be optimistic and give him another year to prove that he can get us moved in the right direction.  If the bottom falls out and we continue to regress, then I will be the first person to say change is needed.

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

10 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I hope I'm right too 😎  I just hope everybody proudly eats crow when CCS gets us an AAC championship and a NY6 bid this year or next year. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

I wouldn't use the word respect.  I'd go with not trusting his coaching ability.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756

3 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Mail it in and wait to retire?

th?id=OIP.nOR-PPEvG9mLdpBYlXjssAHaFh

sound familiar?

3 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I think that's a little harsh to say no respect at all for Charlie. 

I said as a coach. What he did in the past has nothing to do with how I feel about 2019.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I hope I'm right too 😎  I just hope everybody proudly eats crow when CCS gets us an AAC championship and a NY6 bid this year or next year. 

I would gladly be first in line.

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I wouldn't use the word respect.  I'd go with not trusting his coaching ability.  

Again, I said as a coach. As a person, what little I know of him, I think he's top notch.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,250
  • Days Won:  1

Strong never recovered from losing hurtt 

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
17 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I said as a coach. What he did in the past has nothing to do with how I feel about 2019.

I get it, and I didn't think you were attacking him as an individual, wasn't insinuating that. 

Believe me, I'm on the fence about his coaching abilities as well.  The recent trend at Texas and last year at USF has been suspect for sure.  I'm hopeful that the steps we made to re-vamp the Assistant Coaching staff is what was needed....but only time will tell.