• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs. SMU in Game Discussion

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

image.thumb.png.2e2f2e4e162181b1338598dedd394e6d.png

image.thumb.png.7a51503cb5f1774d63fa2b74e95cc39a.png

yeesh!

2 hours ago, feardabull said:

Maybe we should go ahead and lose this game and take our chances with uconn.  We cant beat a ****** undermanned SMU team

They're even talking enough **** on the floor to get teched up.  They know they're shorthanded and still owning us. Whatever pride we have left is gone now

The only good news for me is that we get to go to an early game.  For a while it looked like a 6 seed and a 10pm start then a 6 seed and an 8pm start.  Now we get to see our last game of the year at a good time for downtown Memphis, 1pm Thursday or noon on Friday. Will give us time to go to the BBQ Stop after the game or maybe Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,091
  • Days Won:  56

This team simply ran out of gas down the stretch. Yetna wasn't the same after the hamstring. Rideau also faded down the stretch and Kiir was a non factor in conference play after a very promising start. Growing pains. Doesn't dampen my optimism going forward.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

This team simply ran out of gas down the stretch. Yetna wasn't the same after the hamstring. Rideau also faded down the stretch and Kiir was a non factor in conference play after a very promising start. Growing pains. Doesn't dampen my optimism going forward.

Everything here is 100% Dave. Already looking forward to next year. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, feardabull said:

They're even talking enough **** on the floor to get teched up.  They know they're shorthanded and still owning us. Whatever pride we have left is gone now

This is the kind of over-reactionary ******** that makes this a fun place. When that T happened, we were down by 10. If "whatever pride was gone" .... whatever the **** that even means .... I'm guessing the score would have been far uglier than it was. Critiquing the play is one thing, critiquing the players' character is another and, imo, that's what's being done with nebulous comments like that.

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

This is the kind of over-reactionary ******** that makes this a fun place. When that T happened, we were down by 10. If "whatever pride was gone" .... whatever the **** that even means .... I'm guessing the score would have been far uglier than it was. Critiquing the play is one thing, critiquing the players' character is another and, imo, that's what's being done with nebulous comments like that.

Correct...I am quiet sure the character of this team is still very much in tact. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

Guest Jonesy Bull

It as a disappointing game to be sure.  I was hoping we would finish a lot stronger down the stretch of games than we did.  I do think as others have mentioned that there are contributing factors such as fatique (young players not use to playing this many games), lingering injuries, etc.

I too, don't think this team has anything to be ashamed of, definitely not pride.  The good news is CBG was visibly unhappy the way this game went.  He seems like the type that is going to work extra hard, and have his players work extra hard.  He really has an attention for detail and that will definitely help us in the future. 

Hopefully we can get into some postseason tournament.  The CBI might be a better fit for is at this point in our development.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Hopefully, a lot of our players will be practicing FTs for hours every day until camp starts again.

47 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Hopefully, a lot of our players will be practicing FTs for hours every day until camp starts again.

That’s all I hope for. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Shot 71.9% from the line in the SMU loss

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Shot 71.9% from the line in the SMU loss

I did a little digging on FT shooting across the NCAA just to see where we finished up the regular season.

334. UCF

336. USF

351. Manhattan