• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs. SMU in Game Discussion

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

56 minutes ago, abochner said:

One of the reasons one can say they beat the teams they were supposed to beat is that's how it looks now, because they beat them.

Exactly. They were picked last because they lost 6 of their top 8 scorers, returning 17pts/game, from a team that went (10-22, 3-15). Over performed, overachieved, I don't know what term you should use but they have definitely exceeded expectations  ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/10/2019 at 8:32 PM, Triple B said:

This is the kind of over-reactionary ******** that makes this a fun place. When that T happened, we were down by 10. If "whatever pride was gone" .... whatever the **** that even means .... I'm guessing the score would have been far uglier than it was. Critiquing the play is one thing, critiquing the players' character is another and, imo, that's what's being done with nebulous comments like that.

You right.   I was in the moment.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

6 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

@chapelbull clearly UCF was able to overcome it.  We don't have the shooters to do that.  You can't tell me that teams don't play defense differently against good FT teams vs. bad FT teams.  

I'm not sure they would.  Differently against a poor shooting team.  We generated a lot of FT opportunities by going to the basket.  By the way SMU is the number 2 FT shooting team in the conference and they are near the bottom and below .500 on the season

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, feardabull said:

You right.   I was in the moment.

Honestly, was more my bad. Forgot it was an in-game thread and realize that those do get some emotional, knee jerk reactions at times ...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

8 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I'm not sure they would.  Differently against a poor shooting team.  We generated a lot of FT opportunities by going to the basket.  By the way SMU is the number 2 FT shooting team in the conference and they are near the bottom and below .500 on the season

I know FT percentage is not the end-all, be-all of basketball, but ours hurt us on several occasions.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

That game reminded me of recent bad USF teams. They'd run around and not score and let the other team score on them -for the whole season.

That said, it showed me how different things are now under CBG and the new coaching staff. This team doesn't play like that; they were anemic and just weren't themselves.

I expect a very good USF team to show up on Thursday.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,881
  • Days Won:  33

17 hours ago, abochner said:

If they don't win 10 games in conference next year, we'll likely be disappointed. 

We will likely be playing a tougher conference schedule in 2019-2020 if we are projecting to be an upper tier team in the league.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

We will likely be playing a tougher conference schedule in 2019-2020 if we are projecting to be an upper tier team in the league.

We played the upper 4 teams 7 times. Only thing harder would be to play them 8 times. Lose an SMU for a Houston.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,881
  • Days Won:  33

3 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

We played the upper 4 teams 7 times. Only thing harder would be to play them 8 times. Lose an SMU for a Houston.  

It has more to do than just the top 4 teams. Wichita State, Tulsa and Memphis all finished ahead of us and we played them one time. I would think that we see a couple of those programs, and Cincinnati, twice on next season's schedule.