• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs. Memphis in the YC (Noon) in-game discussion

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

49 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Went to my first tourney last year at Amway and am also getting a little urge to start checking flights ..... although with my luck, I'd be sitting somewhere near the douchebag loser Tiger fan had right in front of me yesterday.

We are still contemplating it as well.  If Yetna is healthy come tourney time............... 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

On 2/2/2019 at 10:51 AM, Brad said:

Casteneda with three TOs and bad ones.

On 2/2/2019 at 11:00 AM, Triple B said:

But this experience is invaluable for him. 25 point lead with Rideau sitting out for most of it. 

True.  And he is improving throughout the season.  Much better now than in earlier games.  Love to see the progress.

👍

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

58 minutes ago, Triple B said:

This one had a wife and two kids. I don't see Jay with any of that ...

If we had more fans at the game there is no way that clown would Have gotten away with doing that. What a jerk 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If we had more fans at the game there is no way that clown would Have gotten away with doing that. What a jerk 

Need to get that Club section sold out for season tix holders, or a lot closer than it is now, no matter what it takes. There's no way there should have been that many Tiger fans in there for this game. I realize even if it's sold out for the season you'll still have opposing fans there through the secondary market but hopefully not as many.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  1

How cool is to have Coach Gregory posting!  How lucky we are to have him.  What a difference he has made.  Love his positive attitude, his energy during games, and his drive to do things the right way including emphasizing our players' academic work.  A class act.

So disappointing that we're not getting at least 7,00O in the YC.  Where are the students?  Why can't we do something about all the empty Green Jacket seats.  Loved Coach Gregory's comment about the Tampa Bay Times not even mentioning USF Basketball in their "Things worth Doing this weekend" column.

USF build their big lead withour Tideau and with a Freshman Guard who is still learning and contibuted greatly to the 30 turnovers.  How do you win a game with 30 turnovers?  That means the other team is going to have something akin to 20 or  more shots at the basketball.  That's giving up a lot.  I don't think Memphis would have closed the gap with a healthy Yetna grabbing rebounds and Rideau and Collins playing in foul trouble most of the second half.  But give Memphis credit they played hard and that press was effective.

Consider that we have only one senior and two juniors getting significant playing time and neither were playing last year.  Our entire top six players will be back next year.

I've seen one projection that now gives us a 28% chance of making the NIT and 19 wins. 

Now we go to SMU, a team that has beat us by 30-40 points on their home court the last two years.  Would be an awesome win.  Without Yetna that is a tall order.  Loved how he got off the floor, could hardly move and drained both foul shots.  That kid is something special.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,635
  • Days Won:  6

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Need to get that Club section sold out for season tix holders, or a lot closer than it is now, no matter what it takes. There's no way there should have been that many Tiger fans in there for this game. I realize even if it's sold out for the season you'll still have opposing fans there through the secondary market but hopefully not as many.

A week ago, you could buy club seasts in all 4 sections on ticketmaster primary market.  USF is not holding unsold club seats back.  They could if they wanted to protect the club seats from opposing fans, but we need the revenue.  Check it out for ECU game...

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/usf-mens-basketball-vs-east-carolina-pirates-mens-basketball/event/0D005547A36496A6#efeat6916

Edited by 79 Bull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, 79 Bull said:

A week ago, you could buy club seasts in all 4 sections on ticketmaster primary market.  USF is not holding unsold club seats back.  Check it out for ECU game...

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/usf-mens-basketball-vs-east-carolina-pirates-mens-basketball/event/0D005547A36496A6#efeat6916

**** I would rather see it empty than fans from other teams sitting there. It looks terrible...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

4 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

A week ago, you could buy club seasts in all 4 sections on ticketmaster primary market.  USF is not holding unsold club seats back.  They could if they wanted to protect the club seats from opposing fans, but we need the revenue.  Check it out for ECU game...

There are also a lot of resale tix in there, which really kind of pisses me off. There's a donate option if you can't use your tix that I hope USF would use to fill with USF fans. If you can't afford to donate them, you probably shouldn't be sitting there in the first place.

Although, I hate the not holding back Club tix, I fully understand the need for revenue ........ but looking at the seating availability for ECU, there's a chance I may have Pirates fans in front of me. Not a happy camper.

I bring peace to the masses with the assurance that my seats, behind the TV broadcast table, are only going to be filled with a subset of Bulls fans, those that frequent this joint.  

• Like 1