• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB NET Ranking

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

If we go .500 in the conference I think we'll get invited to the NIT.  Probably wouldn't hurt to win at least one conference tournament game as well

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I feel like this team will end up with 22 wins.  5 more than my preseason prediction of 17 when errrryone thought I was crazy. I'm not ruling out winning the conference tournament.  This team is capable of doing that.

• Upvote 2

I think it's a little premature to talk NCAA tourney just yet

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

22-11 is not getting us into the tournament. Our OOC SOS was atrocious. Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled with 22-11 and an NIT bid, but anything more than 8 losses and I don't see how we get in without the conference autobid. 0 top 75 wins to date, only 1 top 100 NET win. SOS of around 200. 

It's a shame too, because we were so close to a magical season. Georgetown, Citadel, Tulsa, and Temple all could have easily gone our way. Imagine how it would feel to be 18-2 right now? 

7 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

22-11 is not getting us into the tournament. Our OOC SOS was atrocious. Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled with 22-11 and an NIT bid, but anything more than 8 losses and I don't see how we get in without the conference autobid. 0 top 75 wins to date, only 1 top 100 NET win. SOS of around 200. 

It's a shame too, because we were so close to a magical season. Georgetown, Citadel, Tulsa, and Temple all could have easily gone our way. Imagine how it would feel to be 18-2 right now? 

I'd assume that we'd have some of those if we get to 22 wins, but I'd agree that it would take more than 22 to get in to NCAAs without the Auto bid

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

We will have to win AAC tourney to get in the NCAA Tourney 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This.

Even then, Doug Gotlieb would be ranting about how undeserving of a bid this commuter school is.

That said, I can see that run happening if we can get something from Brown + Collins, Brown + Lang, or Collins + Lang. These guards need to step it up.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

This.

Even then, Doug Gotlieb would be ranting about how undeserving of a bid this commuter school is.

That said, I can see that run happening if we can get something from Brown + Collins, Brown + Lang, or Collins + Lang. These guards need to step it up.

Brown is especially key as he can hit the three when he gets going. They are all streaky...let’s hope they get the hot hand.

23 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We run the table and I'd think we have a shot at an At-Large bid, but I don't see that happening realistically

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

34 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

This.

I would love to snatch an underserving bid and I would lose no sleep over any bad press that accompanies it.