• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs. Wichita State in the YC Tuesday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

The way this team plays is setting basketball back to the 1890s (which is fine by me as long as they're winning). I say we nail a couple peach baskets to the 200 level balcony in the YC and go from there.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Parts of the game were hard to watch, but that CBS feed absolutely SUCKED! all night.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

Pretty strong turnout of Wichita State fans last night.   I'm sure from their perspective this was a "sky falling" type offensive performance by the Shockers rather than a good defensive effort by the Bulls.   At any rate, I don't feel comfortable projecting any wins/losses in the American this year.   Shockers beat UCF and ECU beat Cinci?!  The league is pretty competitive top to bottom.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, Kevin Ellerbrock said:

I thought we added Wichita State for Men's basketball? I love how hard this team plays. Lunch pails and hard hats. 

They graduated a lot of players from a good squad last year. Know one of them is getting time with the Sixers.  Coach Gregory said that they are in a similar rebuild mode as us with only a few kids back.  

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

36 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Pretty strong turnout of Wichita State fans last night.   I'm sure from their perspective this was a "sky falling" type offensive performance by the Shockers rather than a good defensive effort by the Bulls.   At any rate, I don't feel comfortable projecting any wins/losses in the American this year.   Shockers beat UCF and ECU beat Cinci?!  The league is pretty competitive top to bottom.

This.  How many shots from right under the basket did they have go off the back rim and out in just the first half of the first half?  I'm guessing 5 or 6 and more throughout the game.  And, I know this sounds like stuff we say the other way all the time, if they make their free throws we may lose the game. It was like watching USF v USF.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  1

After three tough games against superior competition and with only two days rest, the team could be expected to have a down game.  The shockers were sending everyone to the boards and preventing our guards from driving to the basket.  They had a good game plan.  Yetna had a mediocre game and was in foul trouble most of the second half.  But he hit the clutch shot that gave USF breathing room.  USF held McDuffie, the league's top scorer to 11 points.  We looked very tired in the second half, but defense held together just enough to beat back the challenge.  It is hard not to be excited about the future of USF basketball when you consider that the most minutes are being played by two freshman, two sophomores and a junior transfer, and we'll be adding a superb transfer guard next year.  Really disappointing that we can't average 5,000-7,000 a night at the YC.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  1

We likely need to win 4 of the 5 remaining home games and two on the road to make the NIT.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

I realize we want Yetna around the basket because of his rebounding, but he seems pretty good knocking down those 3's when he has an open shot.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, abochner said:

After three tough games against superior competition and with only two days rest, the team could be expected to have a down game. 

I've got a hard time buying that that was a down game.The only part that was down was our offensive output from the floor. 75% from the line and an awesome defensive effort definitely offset that.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

Ever notice how the negative analysis/comments from our own fans hurt quite a bit less after a win?

I get that there are obvious areas we need to get better in and pointing them out is part of being a fan. I just hope that most of us are grasping the concept that this team is a work in progress. Talking about post season tournaments is premature perhaps. Personally, I am enjoying watching the team figure out how to reach their potential. The games are fun to watch for me-- even when we are struggling like last night. Even bad performances are part of the learning process. An outsider would have thought we were losing for a good portion of that game based on some of the game time posts made in this thread.