• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs. Wichita State in the YC Tuesday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

14 hours ago, MikeG said:

Ever notice how the negative analysis/comments from our own fans hurt quite a bit less after a win?

I get that there are obvious areas we need to get better in and pointing them out is part of being a fan. I just hope that most of us are grasping the concept that this team is a work in progress. Talking about post season tournaments is premature perhaps. Personally, I am enjoying watching the team figure out how to reach their potential. The games are fun to watch for me-- even when we are struggling like last night. Even bad performances are part of the learning process. An outsider would have thought we were losing for a good portion of that game based on some of the game time posts made in this thread.

That's how you know Men's basketball is back ..... folks are complaining about W's ... 😀

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

That's how you know Men's basketball is back ..... folks are complaining about W's ... 😀

What is this W of which you speak of?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,735
  • Days Won:  3

Sat with some WSU alumni at the game. They reside in Vero Beach and came up - last year for UCF - and this year for USF. This is a down year for the Shockers. 'Rebuilding' is the common phrase, and they have a lot of guys who, last year,  were playing high school ball on the court getting good experience for the years to come. WS this year is across town from the NCAA teams of late.

I don't think we need to risk a broken arm patting ourselves on the back. The first half looked more like high school ball. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, WoolyBully said:

The first half looked more like high school ball. 

Considering we weren't even playing middle school ball the past few years, I'm more than happy to be patting CBG on the back for this win.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

Sat with some WSU alumni at the game. They reside in Vero Beach and came up - last year for UCF - and this year for USF. This is a down year for the Shockers. 'Rebuilding' is the common phrase, and they have a lot of guys who, last year,  were playing high school ball on the court getting good experience for the years to come. WS this year is across town from the NCAA teams of late.

I don't think we need to risk a broken arm patting ourselves on the back. The first half looked more like high school ball.

After they told you their sob story about 'rebuilding', hopefully you enlightened them as to what we've been through the last several years.

I don't think anyone was patting ourselves on the back about beating a "powerhouse" WSU team. We beat a team we were supposed to beat and the fact that there are actually teams in conference this year that we feel we're supposed to beat is worthy enough for some back patting

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1