• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Over\Under 5 Wins Next Year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting article 97, but  who hired Hurtt at Louisville?

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Strong. I mentioned in another thread I believe Strong can have success if he has the right people.

I doubt Clint Hurtt has any intention in leaving Seattle at this time but anything is possible. I would be all for bringing in some help. Tom Jurich is probably available. Maybe he can get us into the ACC also.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Nice post. I am sitting here watching Temple get drilled by Duke as I respond. I think 6-6 is where we will be and agree it’s not unreasonable. You are right about Wisconsin and needing a close game there but they went backwards this year too.  I don’t think we can beat them, but we should be able to keep it relatively close. In terms of the OC I am putting more faith in getting the right guy more than others. He won’t get someone who will run the gulf coast offense but I don’t think he will get some who run dive right 70% of the game either.  What is most important towards next year is having a decent offense of line. That will really determine how well we will do.  

We just got drilled by Marshall....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, USF Bulls Football said:

We just got drilled by Marshall....

Thus, no one is better than the other which gives us just as much opportunity as any other team in this **** conference...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  442

Coach must have made a lot of  football connections throughout his career let's hope he finds what we need. Go Bulls!!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715

This is easy. 3-9 is in the bag already. I’ll even go as far as predicting a loss to UConn. Just like Strong lost to Kansas in his third year at Texas, he will do the same next year. UConn will be his Kansas game. 

I say we beat SC State, at ECU, and upset someone we shouldn’t (Navy?). Next year will be another sloppy, bad executing low energy Strong team. He’s got to go to right the ship folks. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

14 minutes ago, Hueyhog20 said:

This is easy. 3-9 is in the bag already. I’ll even go as far as predicting a loss to UConn. Just like Strong lost to Kansas in his third year at Texas, he will do the same next year. UConn will be his Kansas game. 

I say we beat SC State, at ECU, and upset someone we shouldn’t (Navy?). Next year will be another sloppy, bad executing low energy Strong team. He’s got to go to right the ship folks. 

Please come back and lay a bet with me on Uconn when the time comes...I love free money...

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

42 minutes ago, Hueyhog20 said:

UConn, IIRC, had only 1 Senior on Offense and 1 on Defense this past year. Very young team, so it stands to reason that they will be improved in 2019. Not as certain that we will be though. We barely beat them this past season.....plus we're at UConn in 2019. Not 100% sure, but I think Pindell (their QB) was a Senior. He's the one who ran wild on us, so that helps if he's graduated. I'd be nervous about betting on this, but it's still UConn. This should be a win.

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801

You wound think Strong has to know this is the end of his head coaching career if he fails this year. He has a choice to make. Change or die. Every business has to make this change in their life cycle. Every great coach has to continue to reinvent themselves.  Coach K at Duke and Nick Saban are great examples of this.