• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Over\Under 5 Wins Next Year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 hours ago, East lake bull said:

Without knowing little to nothing about teams we play ,most of you predict 5 wins or less ? Strong hasn't  forgot how to coach or recruit , toughest  games are at home except for that non preeminent school in Orlando. 9 or 10 wins.

are we working under the assumption he ever knew?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, East lake bull said:

Without knowing little to nothing about teams we play ,most of you predict 5 wins or less ? Strong hasn't  forgot how to coach or recruit , toughest  games are at home except for that non preeminent school in Orlando. 9 or 10 wins.

Here is an old interesting article from 2011. Read between the lines. 

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6105106

Oh by the way....2 years later. https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2013/10/22/louisville-footballs-clint-hurtt-faces-2-year-ncaa-sanctions-from-miami-misdeeds/3149251/ 

"Hurtt, currently the Cardinals’ associate head coach in charge of recruiting and the defensive line, received and provided impermissible benefits to recruits while at Miami, according to the NCAA. The organization also found that Hurtt and another former Miami assistant provided false and misleading information to its investigators, known formally as the 10.1 unethical conduct rule violation."

I guess we are to believe that Hurtt cleaned up his act after 2010 and it was just a coincidence he was considered the recruiter of the year in 2011. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

Who recruited Longhorns juniors and seniors from this season's ranked team?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, East lake bull said:

Jim Leavitt?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

4 minutes ago, East lake bull said:

tell them east lake bull!

Chuck is a cake baker....we will be in great shape once he leaves.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Actually, no...we will have three new teams who were not part of the losing streak...

Three teams from the West scheduled in 2018: Tulane, @Tulsa, @Houston

Three teams from the West scheduled in 2019: Memphis, SMU,  @Navy

OOC 2018: Elon, Illinois, GT, UMass

OOC 2019: Wisconsin, GT, BYU, SC State

The three teams you spoke of are the three from the West I'm assuming? Our games against the AAC West are not much easier next year. The OOC will be a little more difficult next year it seems. 6-6 isn't too far fetched....there are several games that will probably be somewhat evenly matched, with maybe a 3-5 point spread either way, but .500 appears unlikely after seeing the last six games. Everything about USF football was lackluster over that span, and an early pummeling by Wisconsin could quickly remind the team of 2018. It would be great to see Charlie bring in an OC who will run the Spread and take advantage of our athletes, but does anybody really believe that will happen? I'd love to see him succeed obviously, since we're stuck with him, but it's hard to imagine a successful 2019 with him running things.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Three teams from the West scheduled in 2018: Tulane, @Tulsa, @Houston

Three teams from the West scheduled in 2019: Memphis, SMU,  @Navy

OOC 2018: Elon, Illinois, GT, UMass

OOC 2019: Wisconsin, GT, BYU, SC State

The three teams you spoke of are the three from the West I'm assuming? Our games against the AAC West are not much easier next year. The OOC will be a little more difficult next year it seems. 6-6 isn't too far fetched....there are several games that will probably be somewhat evenly matched, with maybe a 3-5 point spread either way, but .500 appears unlikely after seeing the last six games. Everything about USF football was lackluster over that span, and an early pummeling by Wisconsin could quickly remind the team of 2018. It would be great to see Charlie bring in an OC who will run the Spread and take advantage of our athletes, but does anybody really believe that will happen? I'd love to see him succeed obviously, since we're stuck with him, but it's hard to imagine a successful 2019 with him running things.

Nice post. I am sitting here watching Temple get drilled by Duke as I respond. I think 6-6 is where we will be and agree it’s not unreasonable. You are right about Wisconsin and needing a close game there but they went backwards this year too.  I don’t think we can beat them, but we should be able to keep it relatively close. In terms of the OC I am putting more faith in getting the right guy more than others. He won’t get someone who will run the gulf coast offense but I don’t think he will get some who run dive right 70% of the game either.  What is most important towards next year is having a decent offense of line. That will really determine how well we will do.  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  3

Well, 5-7 or 6-6, either way, the line item for celebration budget expenditures is safe. No chance of drifting into the red on that one. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

39 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Nice post. I am sitting here watching Temple get drilled by Duke as I respond. I think 6-6 is where we will be and agree it’s not unreasonable. You are right about Wisconsin and needing a close game there but they went backwards this year too.  I don’t think we can beat them, but we should be able to keep it relatively close. In terms of the OC I am putting more faith in getting the right guy more than others. He won’t get someone who will run the gulf coast offense but I don’t think he will get some who run dive right 70% of the game either.  What is most important towards next year is having a decent offense of line. That will really determine how well we will do.  

This will be absolutely huge in regards to how 2019 will go,  obviously. Hopefully Charlie gets an upgrade here, and is 100% hands off.....in other words, don't try to slow things down too much, just let the OC do his job without any meddling (not sure  he influenced Gilbert in that way, but I suspect he did).