• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Transferring players

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

they have little correlation with success on the football field

So looking at the inverse if your position you saying that low cognitive intelligence can still play college football on the D1 level? Perhaps this is the case for USF this year (as shown by their results) but simply cannot be true for most teams if they want to be successful.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Point 1: Slow down there professor...we are talking about "common intelligence" and not following rules. Its like coloring a picture...very easy to do. If one can read and understand consequences they will be fine...if not then there is gap in their cognitive ability.

Point 2: Exactly...its called following the rules of a team...his team his rules...just like Willie, CJL, etc.

Point 3: Totally agreed, the line play was the main issue

Point 4: So you re advocating for the players to break rules because depth is a problem? You would not last two hours as a coach.

where did I say players should break his rules? I said his rules are stupid and we shouldn't be surprised by the consequences.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

8 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We lost a krap load of our star players so of course there was a drop off. Those same star players we lost endured a few bad seasons as well. That's the same team that lost to McNeese State. But in the end they got better and finished of their careers with 2 10+ win seasons. Sometimes teams have to endure a rough patch in order to value success more. I'm sure the coaches/players are pissed off about this year and will go harder in the off season. In the end CCS has to seasons above 500. Let the man lose first b4 we declare the world is coming to an end. 

Nope, too rational for TBP.

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So looking at the inverse if your position you saying that low cognitive intelligence can still play college football on the D1 level? Perhaps this is the case for USF this year (as shown by their results) but simply cannot be true for most teams if they want to be successful.

I'm saying if you ranked teams by intelligence it would look nothing like ranking them by on the field success

there is no correlation

2 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

way to rational to believe a guy that lost 6 games in a row(against a terrible schedule) might be in over his head.............

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

where did I say players should break his rules? I said his rules are stupid and we shouldn't be surprised by the consequences.

Which rules exactly do you think are stupid?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

actually I'm not wrong. I can't imagine anyone thinks you need to be intelligent to be successful in  football

you are very wrong. It doesn't mean you have to be a MENSA member, but intelligence (at the very least football intelligence) definitely matters overall.  There's really no debating it

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Which rules exactly do you think are stupid?

his excessive drug tests (which is causing all of these issues)and wearing earrings in the football facilities

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

you are very wrong. It doesn't mean you have to be a MENSA member, but intelligence (at the very least football intelligence) definitely matters overall.  There's really no debating it

no actually it doesn't. sure he needs "football" intelligence(really more like instincts) but that has nothing to do with actual intelligence. if it did then the best players would score highest on their SATs.

• Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

14 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We lost a krap load of our star players so of course there was a drop off. Those same star players we lost endured a few bad seasons as well. That's the same team that lost to McNeese State. But in the end they got better and finished of their careers with 2 10+ win seasons. Sometimes teams have to endure a rough patch in order to value success more. I'm sure the coaches/players are pissed off about this year and will go harder in the off season. In the end CCS has to seasons above 500. Let the man lose first b4 we declare the world is coming to an end. 

6 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Teams lose a "crapload of players" every year.  It's called college football.