• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Transferring players

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I'm not sure following rules has anything to do with intelligence

oh and neither does being good at football

Really???? You mean if the rules are clearly written out on paper and it has the consequences if such rules are broken and then you do it anyway? And YES intelligence does have a LOT to do with being a good football player. Take a look at how Reeves struggles this year. You should take another drag and try again my friend.... 

6 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

Next stop McCheese State....

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Well after signing day and seeing ccs playing what I’m assuming are “his guys” yesterday, my conclusion is that we’re doomed. He seems to have no eye for talent, and love mediocrity. The only guy he’s recruited that’s worth a **** is Ford. Aside from Ford he hasn’t found reliable players. Once he’s replaced in 3-5 the cupboard will be bare again. Merry Christmas 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

10 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I'm not sure following rules has anything to do with intelligence

oh and neither does being good at football

I'm know I'm going to regret this, but are you saying following rules (aka being disciplined) and being intelligent have nothing to do with being good at football?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Really???? You mean if the rules are clearly written out on paper and it has the consequences if such rules are broken and then you do it anyway? And YES intelligence does have a LOT to do with being a good football player. Take a look at how Reeves struggles this year. You should take another drag and try again my friend.... 

if intelligence really mattered Harvard would be national champs

listen Strong can put whatever rules in place he wants. just don't be surprised by the consequences.

we had 3 o-linemen leave. Bronson and Kiegler missed games for undisclosed reasons  for parts of this season as well as the 2 DT transfers.

You think that had to do with how bad our line play has been this year?

if you are going to suspend guys then don't be surprised when depth and talent is gone.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,514
  • Days Won:  28

5 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I would be fine if their was improvement but we have digressed over the season.  It smells of a full on Holtzing taking place. 

We lost a krap load of our star players so of course there was a drop off. Those same star players we lost endured a few bad seasons as well. That's the same team that lost to McNeese State. But in the end they got better and finished of their careers with 2 10+ win seasons. Sometimes teams have to endure a rough patch in order to value success more. I'm sure the coaches/players are pissed off about this year and will go harder in the off season. In the end CCS has to seasons above 500. Let the man lose first b4 we declare the world is coming to an end. 

• ???? 1

6 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I'm know I'm going to regret this, but are you saying following rules (aka being disciplined) and being intelligent have nothing to do with being good at football?

they have little correlation with success on the football field

if they did then harvard and yale would still be winning national titles while all the renegade programs with barely literate athletes and arrest records a mile long would be losing every year.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

comments like this really call into question one's credibility on a topic

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

they have little correlation with success on the football field

you're wrong

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

listen Strong can put whatever rules in place he wants. just don't be surprised by the consequences.

we had 3 o-linemen leave. Bronson and Kiegler missed games for undisclosed reasons  for parts of this season as well as the 2 DT transfers.

You think that had to do with how bad our line play has been this year?

if you are going to suspend guys then don't be surprised when depth and talent is gone.

Point 1: Slow down there professor...we are talking about "common intelligence" and not following rules. Its like coloring a picture...very easy to do. If one can read and understand consequences they will be fine...if not then there is gap in their cognitive ability.

Point 2: Exactly...its called following the rules of a team...his team his rules...just like Willie, CJL, etc.

Point 3: Totally agreed, the line play was the main issue

Point 4: So you re advocating for the players to break rules because depth is a problem? You would not last two hours as a coach.

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

comments like this really call into question one's credibility on a topic

you're wrong

actually I'm not wrong. I can't imagine anyone thinks you need to be intelligent to be successful in  football