• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cannot Print Free Bowl Tickets WTF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, hightechbull said:

Because people have nothing  better than complain (wanted to use the B word) on the internet.

How about call someone at USF?  Nope?  Send then a nasty tweet.  That is the passive aggressive way to handle it.

I can’t believe a USF fan that’s been posting on a USF message board for 16 years would want to share his USF experience with other USF fans in his community, the horror. 

• ???? 1

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

Sorry but you have to remember this is NOT a USF home game, even if it's at Raymond James.  USF (and Marshall for that matter) are working with the bowl committee and going by their stipulations.

Going to will call really isnt that big of a deal...

2 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I did do that once, and got away with it. (Bucs game), it depends on the willingness of the ticket taker to scan something that obviously isn't an original ticket. I guarantee the box office would be opposed to it because it opens the door for more fraud. 

Perhaps not but that’s the kind of things I would think of when I thought of excellent customer service not simply” hey I told you that you can get them at will call what more do you want?”  We set the bar amazingly low for our program and expect that everyone has a dogmatic duty to support our program since most of us went there but I think we can do better. (Not that you or others do not do what you can but the opinions of some of our fans that it’s heresy to question anything we do that perhaps contributes to our lack of support). 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I can’t believe a USF fan that’s been posting on a USF message board for 16 years would want to share his USF experience with other USF fans in his community, the horror. 

But it’s such a winney thing to complain about. This guy must be a real joy to be around...it’s too hot...it too rainy...game is too late...oh wait...sounds like many of our fans 😂😂😂

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Perhaps not but that’s the kind of things I would think of when I thought of excellent customer service not simply” hey I told you that you can get them at will call what more do you want?”  We set the bar amazingly low for our program and expect that everyone has a dogmatic duty to support our program since most of us went there but I think we can do better. (Not that you or others do not do what you can but the opinions of some of our fans that it’s heresy to question anything we do that perhaps contributes to our lack of support). 

You understand they can never suggest that scanning an image instead of the ticket, because there would be so much fraud if this became a thing. Think of all the people who post their tickets on social media, just print the photo and beat them to the gate and you just got their tickets for free. 

Going to will call, allows USF to ask for an ID to confirm the identity of the person picking up the tickets. It really isn't a hassle 98% of the time. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But it’s such a winney thing to complain about. This guy must be a real joy to be around...it’s too hot...it too rainy...game is too late...oh wait...sounds like many of our fans 😂😂😂

I think this is who used to be howiep and I think that he or his wife had recent serious health issues, perhaps that plays a part in the issues. Or maybe he read the posts about players showing up and not getting their tickets any more. Or maybe they had issues at the will call before, I know I have with picking up season tickets that were misplaced. There are plenty of reasons this maybe a bigger issue to him than some and I try to error on the side of us trying to keep the precious few fans that actually want to continue to support us for the long haul.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, puc86 said:

I think this is who used to be howiep and I think that he or his wife had recent serious health issues, perhaps that plays a part in the issues. Or maybe he read the posts about players showing up and not getting their tickets any more. Or maybe they had issues at the will call before, I know I have with picking up season tickets that were misplaced. There are plenty of reasons this maybe a bigger issue to him than some and I try to error on the side of us trying to keep the precious few fans that actually want to continue to support us for the long haul.

Ok, if this is health related I understand but outside of that if a “fan” can’t go to will call to pick up a ticket are they really a “fan”? 

3 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

You understand they can never suggest that scanning an image instead of the ticket, because there would be so much fraud if this became a thing. Think of all the people who post their tickets on social media, just print the photo and beat them to the gate and you just got their tickets for free. 

Going to will call, allows USF to ask for an ID to confirm the identity of the person picking up the tickets. It really isn't a hassle 98% of the time. 

I actually do not understand why the electronic ticket is more difficult to forge or commit fraud with or why we think our tickets that we give away for free with donuts or as gifts with purchase would be high targets for fraud.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I actually do not understand why the electronic ticket is more difficult to forge or commit fraud with or why we think our tickets that we give away for free with donuts or as gifts with purchase would be high targets for fraud.

We are talking about two different things. 

I am talking about taking a paper ticket and scanning it, or taking a photo of it, then presenting the photo at the gate for admission. The barcode will scan like the real ticket was there. 

This will allow for anyone who can snap a photo of a ticket to steal that ticket.