• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Cannot Print Free Bowl Tickets WTF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Ok, if this is health related I understand but outside of that if a “fan” can’t go to will call to pick up a ticket are they really a “fan”? 

As stated before I’ve had plenty of issues with our will call and anytime I’m standing there a large portion of the people in line are experiencing issues as well. If someone has had the fun of that experience I could understand the apprehension of not wanting to show up to the game empty handed. Go down to the will call window one game observe the chaos for 10-15 minutes and then gage for yourself if you believe it would be reasonable to not trust the system particularly if you had any form of commute to contend with.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think this is who used to be howiep and I think that he or his wife had recent serious health issues, perhaps that plays a part in the issues. Or maybe he read the posts about players showing up and not getting their tickets any more. Or maybe they had issues at the will call before, I know I have with picking up season tickets that were misplaced. There are plenty of reasons this maybe a bigger issue to him than some and I try to error on the side of us trying to keep the precious few fans that actually want to continue to support us for the long haul.

This is 100% not true. Tickets are absolutely still available to former players, but no, you can not just walk up to the window without any notice whatsoever and think they have a stack waiting on the off-chance you want one.

1 minute ago, Mike Stuben said:

We are talking about two different things. 

I am talking about taking a paper ticket and scanning it, or taking a photo of it, then presenting the photo at the gate for admission. The barcode will scan like the real ticket was there. 

This will allow for anyone who can snap a photo of a ticket to steal that ticket. 

We are talking about the exact same thing I’m simply stating that we already do that for electronic transmission tickets and it’s every bit as easy to do any of the fraud techniques with them as is feared for a paper ticket. Why would it be more difficult to snap a picture of the electronic ticket printed on an 8.5x11 or from someone’s phone?

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

This is 100% not true. Tickets are absolutely still available to former players, but no, you can not just walk up to the window without any notice whatsoever and think they have a stack waiting on the off-chance you want one.

It’s 💯 true it’s just stated from a different perspective and those players had reason to believe it would operate as such because it previously has. We have never been a well oiled machine or communicated to our customers particularly well and it’s not unreasonable for someone to be distrustful of waiting to show up to the stadium with the hopes that we get it right this time ( I don’t see how this is debatable). 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

As stated before I’ve had plenty of issues with our will call and anytime I’m standing there a large portion of the people in line are experiencing issues as well. If someone has had the fun of that experience I could understand the apprehension of not wanting to show up to the game empty handed. Go down to the will call window one game observe the chaos for 10-15 minutes and then gage for yourself if you believe it would be reasonable to not trust the system particularly if you had any form of commute to contend with.

I guess some experiences are different than others. I have used will call about six different times for USF tickets (three on the road and one bowl game) and never had an issue or saw anyone with an issue.

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I guess some experiences are different than others. I have used will call about six different times for USF tickets (three on the road and one bowl game) and never had an issue or saw anyone with an issue.

On the road or a road bowl game I would expect this to be the experience as it’s usually a very small number of overall fans and even less that need will call (my overall experience has always been better on the road).  At Ray Jay we typically are giving out tickets like they are candy and will call us generally slammed with the overall experience impossible to describe as anything short of chaotic and unpleasant.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

On the road or a road bowl game I would expect this to be the experience as it’s usually a very small number of overall fans and even less that need will call (my overall experience has always been better on the road).  At Ray Jay we typically are giving out tickets like they are candy and will call us generally slammed with the overall experience impossible to describe as anything short of chaotic and unpleasant.

Fair enough 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I don't think Will Call will be very crowded today.  As a matter of fact, they should just forget about tickets and let anyone in that shows up.  Quick scan for contraband and enjoy your game, all 2,000 of you

• Upvote 1
  • ???? 1

@Dave_Glaser I just set a new personal best for number of posts not mentioning my contempt for the AAC.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, puc86 said:

@Dave_Glaser I just set a new personal best for number of posts not mentioning my contempt for the AAC.

Sure, just aim your vitriol at the USF ticketing agents instead ......