• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cannot Print Free Bowl Tickets WTF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

When they become aware of the change. 

Gotcha. So as long as Chandler never figures out how to change his address, phone number, and email with the school, this will always be USF's problem and not his.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I prefer to take the perspective of being the only person standing up for and not attacking a long time bulls fan and contributor 

I agree with you on this.  It seems to be somewhat of an epidemic lately

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, JTrue said:

Gotcha. So as long as Chandler never figures out how to change his address, phone number, and email with the school, this will always be USF's problem and not his.

Here is how I would handle it up until the demand was high enough to merit selling every ticket: have list of former players that aren’t members of the varsity club and who do not have updated contact info, if player shows up exchange a ticket in exchange for contact info and inform him of the new policy and the benefits of being in the varsity club and then remove him from the list. We literally give people tickets for going into dunkin doughnuts and saying “go bulls”, for being teachers, for being students, for being first responders, for being military et al so I have a hard time understanding why former athletes is the one market we can’t devalue by giving out a comp ticket.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

8 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I hope this game will get canceled for tonight and rescheduled because of field and storm conditions... I have been on a tornado warning  at work since 9AM.

I've heard the really bad stuff is supposed to clear by late afternoon.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Life would be so much better for everyone if everyone just skipped to the part where they either agree with me or give up.

But where is the fun in that? Especially when you are wrong 99.99 percent of the time...

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Here is how I would handle it up until the demand was high enough to merit selling every ticket: have list of former players that aren’t members of the varsity club and who do not have updated contact info, if player shows up exchange a ticket in exchange for contact info and inform him of the new policy and the benefits of being in the varsity club and then remove him from the list. We literally give people tickets for going into dunkin doughnuts and saying “go bulls”, for being teachers, for being students, for being first responders, for being military et al so I have a hard time understanding why former athletes is the one market we can’t devalue by giving out a comp ticket.

So how many tickets would you keep on standby for the past few years, 1000? 2000? And what section would you put them in? Lower level somewhere? 

Remember, you've also got to take into consideration all of the players who's addresses and phone numbers and emails are up to date, but they haven't read the new policy.

Edited by JTrue

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

But where is the fun in that? Especially when you are wrong 99.99 percent of the time...

If you say something loud enough and long enough everyone else will eventually give up and that makes you right by default.

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

So how many tickets would you keep on standby for the past few years, 1000? 2000? And what section would you put them in? Lower level somewhere? 

I would put zero tickets on reserve and I would print them on demand from best available within certain parameters such as not the highest level. 

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I would put zero tickets on reserve and I would print them on demand from best available within certain parameters such as not the highest level. 

And what if every former player shows up at once and there aren't enough seats left for them in the lower level and now we have to open the upper deck? Do you turn them away? You have to plan for this contingency. When i worked at Bank of America, we had to have a certain minimum amount of cash on hand at all times, no matter how  ridiculous the possibility of every customer in Tampa showing up at once for a withdraw. 

Also, what is the maximum amount a former player can ask for. Do we grandfather them into the number they were allowed if they played in 1998 and wanted tickets as a former player in 1999?

Edited by JTrue

Just now, JTrue said:

And what if every former player shows up at once and there aren't enough seats left for them in the lower level and now we have to open the upper deck? Do you turn them away? You have to plan for this contingency. When i worked at Bank of America, we had to have a certain minimum amount of cash on hand at all times, no matter how  ridiculous the possibility of every customer in Tampa showing up at once for a withdraw. 

So we need to build a stadium big enough to seat 3 million people on the off chance they all show up? I’m pretty confident it will be a while before this is a legitimate concern but on the off chance it happened I would invent a concept called standing room only.