• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Not Even a Mention

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

7 minutes ago, Meeps said:

Great assessment of a team's intentions. Did you play for Auburn? Do you know the players personally? How do you have this inside knowledge? Or is this another opinion being passed off as fact?

I don't think you have to play on their team to know they get up for games that count.  

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Brad said:

I don't think you have to play on their team to know they get up for games that count.  

So your opinion is because they lost -- they weren't motivated and essentially every team that loses during the NY6 bowl season is not motivated. Please tell me you think that.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Right UCF is more deserving that Oklahoma. They have similar resumes. Except for those three wins against ranked opponents that Oklahoma has. 

13 minutes ago, Meeps said:

Great assessment of a team's intentions. Did you play for Auburn? Do you know the players personally? How do you have this inside knowledge? Or is this another opinion being passed off as fact?

But now you have me thinking about how pumped and psyched they must have been to play UCF - wherever and whomever they were.  It must have been a thrill to run back out on the field and play someone from the AAC after losing the SEC Championship game and a chance for a nat champ.  Instead, yes, excitement, the knights... yeah.  I'm sure they're still talking about it.  Probably already forgot the SEC Championship game.  Yeah.

2 minutes ago, Meeps said:

So your opinion is because they lost -- they weren't motivated and essentially every team that loses during the NY6 bowl season is not motivated. Please tell me you think that.

You'd be best served to stay focused on the teams you are arguing about.  I can't even name the other "NY6" teams, I'd have to look it up.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

9 minutes ago, Meeps said:

It's human nature. One team was playing the biggest game in its history. The other had their REAL natty championship hopes crushed and had to watch as their fierce Rival, whom they had beaten, get that chance. You're delusional if both teams went into that exhibition game with the same mindset.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

I hope you keep your opinions to yourself if we ever put together a two year undefeated run complete with beating NY6 opponents.  You sound like an ESPN mouthpiece.  I am going to give you a pass, understanding that this is a c florida hate thing more so than how you would actually feel if we actually accomplished this..... same goes for you Trip. 

Edited by ArmyBull
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

I hope you keep your opinions to yourself if we ever put together a two year undefeated run complete with beating NY6 opponents.  You sound like an ESPN mouthpiece.  I am going to give you a pass, understanding that this is a c florida hate thing more so than how you would actually feel if we actually accomplished this.      

You're wrong.  It's not a hate thing about UCF.  It's just a reality thing.  I don't make up lies to make my kids look good, my wife pretty, my car newer, any of that.  Why would I lie that playing a B schedule is the same as an A schedule?  

Hopefully, if we ever get there it is with a far better resume of wins.  Two years undefeated in the AAC doesn't mean  we will.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

You're wrong.  it's not a hate thing about UCF.  It's just a reality thing.  I don't make up lies to make my kids look good, my wife pretty, my car newer, any of that.  Why would I lie that playing a B schedule is the same as an A schedule?  

Hopefully, if we ever get there it is with a far better resume of wins.  Two years undefeated in the AAC doesn't mean we will.

No, I am not wrong, I really do hope you keep your opinions to yourself and you do sound like an ESPN mouthpiece, just own it.  Totally crapping on your Alma Mater's accomplishments would really be a new low for you.  I have known you "digitally" long enough to know you would not talk that way about our run.  I get it.   

Edited by ArmyBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

4 minutes ago, Meeps said:

Most NY6 bowl games involve P5 teams at the same level so the motivation, mindset is usually on the same level for both teams.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

But now you have me thinking about how pumped and psyched they must have been to play UCF - wherever and whomever they were.  It must have been a thrill to run back out on the field and play someone from the AAC after losing the SEC Championship game and a chance for a nat champ.  Instead, yes, excitement, the knights... yeah.  I'm sure they're still talking about it.  Probably already forgot the SEC Championship game.  Yeah.

You'd be best served to stay focused on the teams you are arguing about.

So you're saying a team that was on the cusp of playing for a National title just naturally imploded because they faced an opponent from the AAC? They beat Georgia AND Alabama - the talent and coaching to do that had to be significant.

Why didn't they just play their 3rd string players from the start. Isn't that what teams who want to preserve the health of their players do? Why did one of their defensive players DDT our running back? Is a DDT a standard defensive block? Why did they have post-game comments about being motivated? Were they afraid of upsetting UCF's fans/players?

ALL the experts had UCF getting pummeled with some even saying they didn't deserve to be on the same field as Auburn. Why didn't the experts just come out and say, "Well, this is UCF's superbowl, and Auburn has no reason to win... should be an easy game for UCF?"

I've read some pretty ridiculous statements here, but this is ranks pretty high.