• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is why we rankings are meaningless to us

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You guys think we'll be ranked to start 2019?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

I’d say 23-24 or so.  We get Barnett back, return a full coaching staff, and have some quality losses to build on that the voters should look favorably on.  Plus we’re sure to get a great recruiting class.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,116
  • Days Won:  56

9 minutes ago, NCBull said:

I’d say 23-24 or so.  We get Barnett back, return a full coaching staff, and have some quality losses to build on that the voters should look favorably on.  Plus we’re sure to get a great recruiting class.

No

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, michibull said:

I have always been of this mind frame, I'm just reiterating it because there are a lot of people on here who get caught up in the rankings, especially the preseason rankings. 

Being ranked gives the program some sort of spotlight at least. You're wasting your time though when trying to figure scenarios where we can get into the playoffs when our SOS is what it's been the past couple years. I've seen people on here posting things like..."Gee, I hope UMass beats the College of Charleston this week....that would really help our cause". Or..."We should have been more aggressive late in the 4th vs. San Jose St....we could have moved up a few more spots." Our SOS will be much better next year, and the potential to reach higher in the rankings will be there, but an almost unrealistic numbers of things would have to happen for us to get in...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

21 minutes ago, NCBull said:

11 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

No

Higher?  :D

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, NCBull said:

Lol

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

Step 1 - Beat Tulane.

Step 2 - Worry about where we're ranked in the College Football Playoff.

I look forward to our new rivalry with Tulane!

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

20 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Being ranked gives the program some sort of spotlight at least. You're wasting your time though when trying to figure scenarios where we can get into the playoffs when our SOS is what it's been the past couple years. I've seen people on here posting things like..."Gee, I hope UMass beats the College of Charleston this week....that would really help our cause". Or..."We should have been more aggressive late in the 4th vs. San Jose St....we could have moved up a few more spots." Our SOS will be much better next year, and the potential to reach higher in the rankings will be there, but an almost unrealistic numbers of things would have to happen for us to get in...

Recruiting.

Local buzz.

We'll never make the CFP because it's fixed but it helps with other things to get a high ranking.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, michibull said:

This just supports the fact that all we should worry about is Conference Championships and outside of us getting into a P5 when the next round of expansion happens, a Natty is just not feasible.

The only reason someone should worry about anything related to USF football is their job/livelihood depends on the outcome of the season.   Natty! ROTFLMAO

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,427
  • Days Won:  25

59 minutes ago, JTrue said:

55, after we beat Wisconsin 25.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw