• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Players transferring out...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I watch a lot of CFB. There are a lot of TEs who played better than MW. He would be smart to stay another year. 

Hmmmm....not so sure about that. If Gilbert stays, I don't see a huge jump in his numbers, or his draft stock. No telling what his role might be if a new system is brought in. Might not be a bad idea to look into entering the draft...

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  2

19 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Hmmmm....not so sure about that. If Gilbert stays, I don't see a huge jump in his numbers, or his draft stock. No telling what his role might be if a new system is brought in. Might not be a bad idea to look into entering the draft...

He actually got alot of looks this year with Gilbert.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

7 minutes ago, mjadams said:

He actually got alot of looks this year with Gilbert.

His numbers were actually better under Gilbert, by far. Not sure how much his numbers can improve though, plus the Coaching situation is uncertain right now. Wouldn't be surprised if he's ready to start cashing the NFL paychecks. Somebody would pick him up.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

Even if he is projected as a FA? He has not shown enough due to injuries. Even with Gilbert gone MW would still have to be a major contributior. Again, there are a A LOT of quality TEs in CFB. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Even if he is projected as a FA? He has not shown enough due to injuries. Even with Gilbert gone MW would still have to be a major contributior. Again, there are a A LOT of quality TEs in CFB. 

He would get drafted somewhere between late 4th and early 6th.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

25 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

He would get drafted somewhere between late 4th and early 6th.

I would hope that’s true but I am not so sure. Regardless, the kid has a big decision to make. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215

7 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

I thought the same thing. When they moved him, I thought that was a sign that we were absolutely loaded at WR.

The personnel decisions is what really put me over the top. I still can’t get it through my head that they decided to bench Mazzi for Jaymon Thomas against Houston because he’s a few inches taller. Mazzi is the best CB we have had since Kayvon and he might actually be better. Jaymon has always struggled covering at Safety and lost his job to a couple underclassmen. 

If you can’t figure out how to manage the clock, or hire an OC or ST coordinator, you better be **** good on your side of the ball. These blatant personnel mistakes should be the final straw. 

Edited by IBulleve

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

His numbers were actually better under Gilbert, by far. Not sure how much his numbers can improve though, plus the Coaching situation is uncertain right now. Wouldn't be surprised if he's ready to start cashing the NFL paychecks. Somebody would pick him up.

His numbers would absolutely go down under a new OC...because they would actually throw the **** ball to the running back too!!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I love how we have a 17-page thread about players transferring when no player has actually asked for a transfer.  TBP is gonna TBP.

Now 18-pages

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

I love how we have a 17-page thread about players transferring when no player has actually asked for a transfer.  TBP is gonna TBP.

Now 18-pages

I'm in contact with Brandon Helwig about a Graduate transfer to UCF.