• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So....what's changed?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

I noticed that some of the folks who weren't on the "Fire Charlie" train before the Temple game seem to have changed their minds now. What has changed exactly? The team looked a lot like they have all year long. The youth/inexperience/injuries reasoning could have still applied to the Temple game. What new did you see vs. Temple that finally convinced you? 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

8 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I noticed that some of the folks who weren't on the "Fire Charlie" train before the Temple game seem to have changed their minds now. What has changed exactly? The team looked a lot like they have all year long. The youth/inexperience/injuries reasoning could have still applied to the Temple game. What new did you see vs. Temple that finally convinced you? 

I'm not the target demographic but I will hypothesize.

1. We blew a lead, a 17-0 lead.

2. We just don't seem to improve in any aspect, possibly regressing.

Personally I buy injuries/youth for the UC/Temple losses, a bit for the UH loss but no excuses for Tulane.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

200.gif

Another one of these threads...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Don’t know if the outright fire CCS has increased all that much but about 99.9% want a change in OC and ST coach. I think the large consensus is if CCS is not willing to fire these guys and go with a new offensive strategy THEN he should be let go. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

There was three or four off the top of my head who scoffed at the idea of firing Strong a couple of games ago who are now all for it. I've see nothing new lately. Looks exactly how it's looked most of the year. The competition is just a little better. Just wondering what new they've seen, because it looks the same to me...

Personally, I was OK with Charlie getting a third year, but I wasn't aware of the cheap buyout. That has changed my mind a bit. The on-field play hasn't changed much at all throughout the year, outside GT.

Edited by USFBulls727
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I love turtles 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,424
  • Days Won:  25

Why do we not use the play calling we beat GT with again?

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Gilbert isn’t the problem. However the mob mentality that rules society presently would rather fire an OC that has been extremely successful in his tenure here minus one or two outings vice placing blame where blame is due.

Our defense sucks (minus this past week). Our special teams just aren’t special. If Strong is a heralded DC, his time has come and gone based on the season long performances we’ve witnessed the last two seasons. Furthermore, he doesn’t have the jugular mentality that Leavitt and Taggart possess.

Most of our players come from hardened backgrounds - kill or be killed. When you have a team on the ropes and you don’t go full John Kreese on them, you’re undermining the very premise that these kids thrive on. Run the **** score up and worry later about the implications. 

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,424
  • Days Won:  25

30 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

Gilbert isn’t the problem. However the mob mentality that rules society presently would rather fire an OC that has been extremely successful in his tenure here minus one or two outings vice placing blame where blame is due.

Our defense sucks (minus this past week). Our special teams just aren’t special. If Strong is a heralded DC, his time has come and gone based on the season long performances we’ve witnessed the last two seasons. Furthermore, he doesn’t have the jugular mentality that Leavitt and Taggart possess.

Most of our players come from hardened backgrounds - kill or be killed. When you have a team on the ropes and you don’t go full John Kreese on them, you’re undermining the very premise that these kids thrive on. Run the **** score up and worry later about the implications. 

Your hardened theory is interesting but the team doesn't have any fight. I concur that comes from the top. The issue is Gilbert is the offense has gotten worse and worse. It was downright putrid this year in terms of points scored. Special teams and defense are terrible as well. Horne was the only positives I see from ST and the first half from last game on D. We used to force turnovers, but now we struggle at that.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I switched to the Strong must go camp I guess. My issues are with the horrible play calling but I think that's more on Strong keeping the offense slow and conservative.  Strong just isn't a great coach.  He is a pretty good recruiter but that's it. He is basically Randy Shannon Jr.

He would best be suited as a DC.

His buyout is cheap I see nothing that shows team is on the rise so make the switch now.