• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So is anyone not on the fire Coach Strong train?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, Brad said:

Living in the AAC!

image.jpeg

That’s when Apollo dies...so many things can be said metaphorically but it’s late in the evening...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

I'm not for firing Strong. Who do we get instead?

Gilbert and Williams need to go. Offense and WR's are glaring sores.

I agree that they don't necessarily have to fire Strong. I think Charlie is in a very similar position that x-CWT was in after his first two years, change the offense, or hit the road. Taggart made the change, and turned it around. We'll see if Charlie is willing to do the same. The Defense could potentially be much better next year.

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I agree that they don't necessarily have to fire Strong. I think Charlie is in a very similar position that x-CWT was in after his first two years, change the offense, or hit the road. Taggart made the change, and turned it around. We'll see if Charlie is willing to do the same. The Defense could potentially be much better next year.

Taggart did make the change because he wanted to stay in college football and was young coach..trying to move up the ladder...Charlie is older and more conservative

and has a history of bad offenses.   I really think Gilbert is doing what Strong wants from offense. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Taggart did make the change because he wanted to stay in college football and was young coach..trying to move up the ladder...Charlie is older and more conservative

and has a history of bad offenses.   I really think Gilbert is doing what Strong wants from offense. 

I believe this too, but Charlie isn't far from being canned from his second straight gig. Hopefully he feels some kind of urgency, and takes a chance on an OC who will run the Spread, or at least something better and more creative than we currently run. I thought the Defense wasn't bad for the most part last year, and could be good again under BJM. I have my doubts as to whether CCS will dump Gilbert though.

Edited by USFBulls727

• Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

3 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I don’t see ccs changing, so it’s time for him to go. It’s time for him to retire because the game has passed him by. Fans want an entertaining and aggressive product on the field, not the boring offenses he puts out there. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488

8 hours ago, Brad said:

It's meaningless.

Coaches of real programs don't look at meaningless bowl games as meaningful games.

They crafted a great narrative of which many believed.

What did Auburn or Baylor have to gain from taking UCF seriously?  The same could be said for us in their shoes. 

Answer:  NOTHING!

It was a holiday, a vacation.

This is absurd. If USF was doing what UCF is doing you’d never say these things. Give credit where credit is due.

Aren't you one of the many that’s still clinging to a 2007 win against West Virginia?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

2 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Im not for firing CCS, we need an OC and a QB 

I wonder if the current QB could do well without the horrendous play calling.  Hopefully we start the OC hunt early.

• Content Count:  10,199

18 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Im not for firing CCS, we need an OC and a QB 

Well history shows his teams even with Bridgewater never really blew away many teams...they would win but not impressive. I was on the keep Strong make a OC change but now...I am on the fire Strong train.

This is a quote from a article after we lost one year vs  a Strong ranked team I found last night.

"First of all, "almost beat" someone is stupid. This isn't some little FCS school who isn't expected to hang in there with the big boys. Second of all, USF should have won. Louisville was BEGGING to lose this game. They have no killer instinct whatsoever (buyer beware on Charlie Strong) and they went through the motions for long stretches of the game. I came away from this game thinking they are horribly overrated"

Edited by Bulls On Parade