• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

7-0 defenders....where you at?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  0

7-0 defender.

No expectations for next year yet.  Tired of the piling on, though.  Disappointed?  Yes, but I’m disappointed with any loss.  Also excited about every win.

I would rather live in optimism than doom and gloom any day.  Just seems like some on here (especially early in this post) have a “pick a fight” tone toward those of us who celebrated the seven wins.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

26 minutes ago, LrdNorman said:

7-0 defender.

No expectations for next year yet.  Tired of the piling on, though.  Disappointed?  Yes, but I’m disappointed with any loss.  Also excited about every win.

I would rather live in optimism than doom and gloom any day.  Just seems like some on here (especially early in this post) have a “pick a fight” tone toward those of us who celebrated the seven wins.

Nothing wrong with being realistic though. Do you disagree that this team seems ill-prepared every week lately? What did you see today that gives you any optimism at all? We barely get by the absolute worst FBS teams (except GT), then get blown out  by the two average to good teams we played. Not sure how on Earth we beat GT in week 2, but there's no way we beat them now. We have slowly morphed into UConn.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If there are any changes this has to happen in the off season...not now. 

I'm not sure making a change at OC would be a bad move. The lack of creative play calling is pretty evident- most especially in the red zone.

We have lots of problems though so putting it all on that area is sort of unfair.

I think some of our fans are missing how injuries at key positions have been impacting us as the season plays on as well. Losing Sawtelle has been a huge mess. When was the last time St Felix played? Wilcox out for this game seemingly neutered our short middle passing attack.

lots of problems and with very little encouraging news on the horizon.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  291

5 hours ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Still here, still proud of this team who has exceeded expectations considering their youth and what they lost from last year, team loaded for run next year

Loaded for a run where ? We lose mazzi wilkins and Ronnie Hoggins on defense . We don’t have any linebackers. So where are we loaded for a run to? The tunnel after we get track meeted again 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

9 hours ago, TallyBull said:

I’m not sure where the optimism of “wait until next year” is coming from. I don’t see a young team that will improve over time. I see a team that is not getting properly coached on offense or defense. This issue will not change next year, and we have a more difficult OOC schedule and McKenzie Milton in his senior year. 

Hate to be negative, but things are going to get worse before they get better, if they ever do.

Agree totally, plus you have a rising Cincy and Temple teams. 

Next year could be ugly if changes in philosphy and play callers don’t change

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804

7-5 or 8-5 with a really bad bowl opponent.  We have been Holtzed.  But you keep telling yourself it’s going to get better. You don’t keep doing the same thing and expect different results. Madness!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

7-5 or 8-5 with a really bad bowl opponent.  We have been Holtzed.  But you keep telling yourself it’s going to get better. You don’t keep doing the same thing and expect different results. Madness!

To be fair if we were really Holtzed we would not be going to a bowl.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804

35 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

To be fair if we were really Holtzed we would not be going to a bowl.

Holtzing does include losses but there essence of Holtzing is killing the spirit and identity of Florida players.  Power run does not work here. We have tried this and it kills the program.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

8 hours ago, MikeG said:

I'm not sure making a change at OC would be a bad move. The lack of creative play calling is pretty evident- most especially in the red zone.

We have lots of problems though so putting it all on that area is sort of unfair.

I think some of our fans are missing how injuries at key positions have been impacting us as the season plays on as well. Losing Sawtelle has been a huge mess. When was the last time St Felix played? Wilcox out for this game seemingly neutered our short middle passing attack.

lots of problems and with very little encouraging news on the horizon.

Injuries are a real issue this year. Exposed our lack of depth, though I think I heard we were actually deep.

Still though there are other fundamental problems we are seeing. There's losing to Tulane because our first string is decimated, then there's getting absolutely blown out by Tulane. Not sure injuries explain how bad the loss was.

Edited by George_Bullnard_Shaw

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

The Defenders have been cancelled by Netflix and the individual shows seem to be going that way as well.

image.png.2e668ba99a0ae4606b53092d1fb43b8d.png

Edited by George_Bullnard_Shaw