• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brian Jean Mary has got to go!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I haven't screamed for anyone to be fired, but the "rebuilding" mantra is a little overplayed.  College teams are constantly "rebuilding", it's the nature of the beast in which you get guys for no more than 4 years.  We also gave up 30 to crappy uconn and 42 to Umass and that was well into the season.  No amount of rebuilding should excuse that.  Houston just toyed with us this past Saturday.  It really was embarrassing at the end.

Stop being so emotional and let people vent their frustrations.  It's just a message board and that's what fans do.   There's nothing wrong with people expecting that their defense not be ranked 108th.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

6 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I haven't screamed for anyone to be fired, but the "rebuilding" mantra is a little overplayed.  College teams are constantly "rebuilding", it's the nature of the beast in which you get guys for no more than 4 years.  We also gave up 30 to crappy uconn and 42 to Umass and that was well into the season.  No amount of rebuilding should excuse that.  Houston just toyed with us this past Saturday.  It really was embarrassing at the end.

Stop being so emotional and let people vent their frustrations.  It's just a message board and that's what fans do.   There's nothing wrong with people expecting that their defense not be ranked 108th.

Temple lost to freakin Villanova, yet people swear we have no chance against them. The "rebuilding mantra" is not over played. Yes college football is continuously rebuilding which means that some years may not be as great as others. I dont mind people venting their frustrations, but to simply crap on the team and the entire coaching staff while we are still freakin 7-1 is plain giving up for no reason. Stop speaking negativity onto this team's existence b/c you afraid to be let down. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

5 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

BJM doesn't need to be fired but I am VERY concerned that this young defense hasn't gotten better as the season progressed and we still have the same issues at week 9 as we did in week 1 (poor tackling, bad safety play, inconsistent pass rush, inability to get off the field on 3rd and long).  Typically with young teams you can watch them mature over the course of the season but this defense looks the same now as it did at the beginning of the year.   This is very concerning to me and something to keep an eye on.   

This is all I expect coming into a season. Whether the team is young or senior laden, talented or not so it should show improvement throughout the season. They should be playing their best towards the end of the season. granted we haven't really played all that well most of the season but Georgia tech seems to be our peak so far. we still have to many penalties. situational play calling on offense is frustrating to say the least. it really looks like we are just coming out of spring practice. sloppy uninspired play. same mistakes over and over.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I see a D Line that doesn't get much pressure and a team with zero LBs.

The entire D just looks overwhelmed or green and has all season. 

38 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

BJM doesn't need to be fired but I am VERY concerned that this young defense hasn't gotten better as the season progressed and we still have the same issues at week 9 as we did in week 1 (poor tackling, bad safety play, inconsistent pass rush, inability to get off the field on 3rd and long).  Typically with young teams you can watch them mature over the course of the season but this defense looks the same now as it did at the beginning of the year.   This is very concerning to me and something to keep an eye on.   

2014 USF Ranked 69th in total defense (Chuck Breshanhan)

2015 USF Ranked 52 in total defense (Tom Allen)

2016 USF Ranked 120th in total defense (Woody allen)

2017 USF Ranked 37th in total defense (Brian Jean Marie)

Throughout the past 5 years, Deadrin Senat, Bruce Hector and Auggie Sanchez were the leaders of our defense.  The defense went up and down, but at its best when all three of those leaders became seniors. Currently only 2 of our DEs are seniors.  And only 1 DT  is a senior. Over half the D-line either didn't play last year or is going on their 2nd year of playing college ball period! And hell the average weight of our DT is only 274Ibs. DTs are suppose to be 300Ibs. Hell  our biggest DT, John Waller (340Ibs)  is now listed at Offensive line (Which worries me b/c I had high hopes for him as a DT). So yes, this defense is very young and very small. They will have its growing pains, fortunately we are still 7-1. 

image.png.213fc1417fde956e5b6dccfe70949ac3.png

image.png.d7bbff595dff8cfed31233965f95bdc2.png

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

4 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

2014 USF Ranked 69th in total defense (Chuck Breshanhan)

2015 USF Ranked 52 in total defense (Tom Allen)

2016 USF Ranked 120th in total defense (Woody allen)

2017 USF Ranked 37th in total defense (Brian Jean Marie)

Throughout the past 5 years, Deadrin Senat, Bruce Hector and Auggie Sanchez were the leaders of our defense.  The defense went up and down, but at its best when all three of those leaders became seniors. Currently only 2 of our DEs are seniors.  And only 1 DT  is a senior. Over half the D-line either didn't play last year or is going on their 2nd year of playing college ball period! And hell the average weight of our DT is only 274Ibs. DTs are suppose to be 300Ibs. Hell  our biggest DT, John Waller (340Ibs)  is now listed at Offensive line (Which worries me b/c I had high hopes for him as a DT). So yes, this defense is very young and very small. They will have its growing pains, fortunately we are still 7-1. 

image.png.213fc1417fde956e5b6dccfe70949ac3.png

image.png.d7bbff595dff8cfed31233965f95bdc2.png

Remember when you we're trying to lecture me on how the defense was going to be fine because of all of these stud true freshmen DT's that were going to tear it up and it didn't matter that we lost Senat and Hector?  How'd that work out for ya?  Please save your lectures for somebody else, because I Was telling you about this before the season even started.  Also, yes the defense is young but it has not matured or progressed at all since week 1 and it could even be argued it regressed...... 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Oh, Wally Burnham come back! 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Remember when you we're trying to lecture me on how the defense was going to be fine because of all of these stud true freshmen DT's that were going to tear it up and it didn't matter that we lost Senat and Hector?  How'd that work out for ya?  Please save your lectures for somebody else, because I Was telling you about this before the season even started.  Also, yes the defense is young but it has not matured or progressed at all since week 1 and it could even be argued it regressed...... 

And I will admit, I was wrong. They will need much more seasoning than I thought for this year. but I still have faith that they will become a dominant force. As for now, they are still young and undersized and we will have to deal with the growing pains. All you can do is keep playing the game, keep getting better and keep on fighting. Not sit on your toushy and cry about 😥  the defense not being good. They had their moments and kept us in many games when the offense wasnt doing chit. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

This thread gave me diarrhea