• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thank you CCS for saving me $6k per year

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Oklahoma in 02 was special. We were all so happy to be playing such an established program and having Lee Roy there was special. Forgot all about that day...thanks for the reminder. Conversely, Arkansas in that same year was one to forget. Man did we get rolled. But yeah it was a fun time. 

The Arkansas game itself was not a fun time. Played in Little Rock at some ancient tin pan stadium-- just a weird game. The tailgate was ok. but in general-- we were a payday game and after it was over-- their fans were not very kind. There were some positives-- I got to ride on the bus sitting next to Lee Roy Selmon (he say next to me-- I'm not a stalker) and had an interesting chat. I never want to hear that many people say "Wooo Pig Soooey" again. I can only imagine how annoying Rocky Top must be in Tennessee.

Edited by MikeG

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Another thread to entertain the outsiders ...

They look like they entertain themselves

p6875_v_v8_aa.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, Brad said:

p6875_v_v8_aa.jpg

Rarely am I rendered speechless ...... that post did it.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, MikeG said:

The Arkansas game itself was not a fun time. Played in Little Rock at some ancient tin pan stadium-- just a weird game. The tailgate was ok. but in general-- we were a payday game and after it was over-- their fans were not very kind. There were some positives-- I got to ride on the bus sitting next to Lee Roy Selmon (he say next to me-- I'm not a stalker) and had an interesting chat. I never want to hear that many people say "Wooo Pig Soooey" again. I can only imagine how annoying Rocky Top must be in Tennessee.

Yeah that stadium was bad. It’s my understanding that it was the last time Arkansas ever played there. The same was true when we played Bama in Legion Field. 

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

p6875_v_v8_aa.jpg

OMG 😂😂😂😂

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

Any other coach would give us a worse record

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

11 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

He is probably happy you were not there too...

I didn't want to jinx the team, and didn't go to the game. Even me staying away couldn't help CCS

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Did you support CSH or CWT??? You're giving up on a coach that gave you a 10-2 record last year and is currently in mid season with a 7-1 team? Ok... Must be nice to have an extra 6k to travel in the first place. And now the first loss where we get out played by a solid team you're bolting?

Shoot felt like we were playing against QF. Our team looked good and wasn't embarrassing to watch. We simply got beat with a young team. I rather it happen now than later in the season. I'm sorry this loss hurt but you should really count your blessings. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Supporting the away games gives Sellular all the slack he deserves for the time, money, and investment it takes to be in the seat. Let him rant. I think we lost to a better team with better in-game decisions, but it doesn't mean we're doomed forever. xCWT took 2 seasons to figure out what works, maybe Strong/Gilbert need a little more time to understand their players. Maybe.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,453
  • Days Won:  19

10 hours ago, MikeG said:

that is the risk you take going to a road game. Though sometimes it is pretty awesome. Like Pitt in 2001 (a last minute trip thanks to some tailgate buddies who talked me into it, soured that Monday by 9/11). Even some losses were pretty good times-- like Oklahoma in 2002. Others not so much -- Arkansas in 2002. Or Louisville in 2004.

So many good ones. Even ones at small schools like WKU can be interesting with the right people. Anything SEC is interesting usually-- but a tough win to come by (USCe, Kentucky) or stuff in North Carolina (never had a bad road game in North Carolina but we never lost any of those games either - several at ECU, UNC, and NC State). Auburn in 2007 was a blast. The Sun Bowl was fun other than the game itself. Bowls are a real crapshoot. I don't bllame anyone avoiding a road game this season-- it has been rough to watch this team play even if you are just sitting on your arse on a comfy (not on fire WVU fans) couch.

I did the every game season once-- in 2003. It was exhausting to be honest- I found there is sometimes too much football.  All in all-- I think I went to about 31 USF away games-- which before I stopped was a pretty good amount of them. I just don't have it in me any more though.

The highlighted part is sort of the perfect example of the old ditty "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"

But, anyhow, I get your sentiment.  I have been to many road games that were emotional roller coasters:  That big Pitt win just prior to 9/11; Notre Dame win in a marathon drenching the weekend we lost Lee Roy; Our first big name bowl appearance at the Sun Bowl to splattered by marauding ducks; Houston game when I was sure we had found our QB of the future in Mike White and returning home and have my walking papers handed to me after 25 years of marriage.

For each though, I gathered priceless experiences, shared great camaraderie with other Bulls fans and kept the faith and support of my Bulls.  Still, I am glad I chose tripping to Chicago and UMass this year and passed on Houston.