• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Please Get Rid of Strong

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, USFBULL2014 said:

“Hey guys Hoggins is getting burnt bad by this guy, let’s switch him off or run something that doesn’t iso him with this guy” 

naaaaaaaaaaaaahhh let’s just see how many times they can complete it. It’s all good I’ll just blame everything on execution and the players . 

Shots fired

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  291
  • Days Won:  0

It’s for those that say it’s on the players 

We ran man coverage continuously after they burnt us time and time again on it. 

15 minutes ago, USFBULL2014 said:

It’s for those that say it’s on the players 

We ran man coverage continuously after they burnt us time and time again on it. 

But coach said

1 minute ago, USFBULL2014 said:

There was execution alright 

Just watched his eyes down post game presser, and it was dumb. 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

6 hours ago, michibull said:

5 years in the BE, 5, not one or two. Let's not forget that UCONN, Cincy and Louisville were brand new from our same league (which means it was half BE and half CUSA). I agree that our growth was all on him and as you said, it will never be replicated. That does not excuse the fact that once we got into real teams and coaches, he was just mediocre. You can drink the Kool-aid all you want, but numbers don't lie. Those are hard nosed facts every Leavitt apologist has to face. You state things like our backups weren't good enough or we were playing one league above our talent: whose fault is that? The coach. Again, he had 5 years in the BE, more than a full recruiting cycle and he was still just average. Until you have REAL facts to dispute his record, I don't want to hear it. I love CJL, I think he got a raw deal, but I can still admit that he was an average BCS/P5 coach. 

Also, if he was such a great coach, why wasn't he ever given another HC gig? Mike Leach is coaching. 

strong is better than leavitt

dont worry strong will get a better deal and leave usf soon enough

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I'm not arguing one way or the other. I'm just looking at reality.

What's the winning percentage of teams we've beaten vs the winning percentage of teams we've lost too. That speaks volumes. Almost anyone can have a good or even great record vs crap teams. It's how you play the good to great teams that matters.

This team continually looks unprepared. The game calling is suspect, repetative and easily identified. There are few if any surprises, no chances taken and the players lack enthusiasm.

There's a lot going wrong at this time and it's not just injuries and youth.

Edited by Azmodi
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I'm not arguing one way or the other. I'm just looking at reality.

What's the winning percentage of teams we've beaten vs the winning percentage of teams we've lost too. That speaks volumes. Almost anyone can have a good or even great record vs crap teams. It's how you play the good to great teams that matters.

This team continually looks unprepared. The game calling is suspect, repetative and easily identified. There are few if any surprises, no chances taken and the players lack enthusiasm.

There's a lot going wrong at this time and it's not just injuries and youth.

Exactly

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Which Coach is better and available? I think Strong is pretty good. His record is good, his recruiting is good. He has lost 3 games in two years? 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, footnfan1 said:

Which Coach is better and available? I think Strong is pretty good. His record is good, his recruiting is good. He has lost 3 games in two years? 

That's a complete fail...for some fans on this board. I'm not sure what coach would suit some of our meltdown-marys, and I'm not sure which "better" coach would be attracted to this job when their first loss means an implosion of support...but in fairness some guys were already imploding before the loss, so there's that too.