• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Please Get Rid of Strong

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Wait a minute. There were a ton on this board at the beggining of the season talking about what a great recruiter CCS is and that he has finally gotten depth at most positions. Now I see people claiming that we don't have depth. You can't have it both ways.

So please excuse those unhappy with losing terribly to Houston and barely beating a buch of scub teams. 

By the way, Houstons coach was an assistant with no HC experience prior to taking over UH.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Wait a minute. There were a ton on this board at the beggining of the season talking about what a great recruiter CCS is and that he has finally gotten depth at most positions. Now I see people claiming that we don't have depth. You can't have it both ways.

So please excuse those unhappy with losing terribly to Houston and barely beating a buch of scub teams. 

By the way, Houstons coach was an assistant with no HC experience prior to taking over UH.

You can absolutely have it both ways. We have depth, but no experience. That’s what happens when you recruit high schoolers, unless you’re pulling 5 stars, they aren’t making an impact the first year.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, michibull said:

Haha, yeah, because he had such a stellar record versus Rutgers, Cincy and UCONN; who we always had more talent than. 

Give me Jim or give me death!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

Give me Jim or give me death!

I’m afraid we are going to have to put you down...😂

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, JTrue said:

You can absolutely have it both ways. We have depth, but no experience. That’s what happens when you recruit high schoolers, unless you’re pulling 5 stars, they aren’t making an impact the first year.

So in the same time span, Houstons Coach brought in better players and got them to play better then our Coach. That is what your saying right? I recall the ex coach of Houston leaving and trying to raid the program on his way out. So that means Houstons Coach did more then ours in the same time period.

I'll admit that they have way more wins against better opponents then we have.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

43 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

This!

3 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

So in the same time span, Houstons Coach brought in better players and got them to play better then our Coach. That is what your saying right? I recall the ex coach of Houston leaving and trying to raid the program on his way out. So that means Houstons Coach did more then ours in the same time period.

I'll admit that they have way more wins against better opponents then we have.

No. I’m saying CCS has had one recruiting class that was his. He could bring in 50 LBs and it wouldn’t have mattered yesterday. They’d all have lacked experienced but added up to depth. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,806
  • Days Won:  0

We are too small on defense and it showed all year. Last night it finally cost us

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JTrue said:

No. I’m saying CCS has had one recruiting class that was his. He could bring in 50 LBs and it wouldn’t have mattered yesterday. They’d all have lacked experienced but added up to depth. 

You do know that Major Applewhite has been Houstons HC the same amount of time as CCS has been at USF. So, is Applewhite better then CCS? I just don't get the; "they weren't prepared to play" crap. I'm just saying, it's the coaches job to get them ready to play and sit them when they don't. I saw no fire or even people trying to correct one another until the fight. That's just garbage.

Edited by Azmodi

8 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

You do know that Major Applewhite has been Houstons HC the same amount of time as CCS has been at USF. So, is Applewhite better then CCS? I just don't get the; "they weren't prepared to play" crap. I'm just saying, it's the coaches job to get them ready to play and sit them when they don't. I saw no fire or even people trying to correct one another until the fight. That's just garbage.

That has absolutely nothing to do with what you said or I replied to. 

Experience and Depth are two different things.

And Houston absolutely had more talent last night. Blame CCS for that all you like.

Edited by JTrue