• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reaves at middle linebacker

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, Corey lea said:

Ummm well Cronkrite and Barnett worked out well. If you think Sawtelle is solid then I am going to question your football acumen. Sawtelle reminds me of a guy that played for Strong in Texas, Dylan Haynes. Make a play here and there, but cost you big on other occasions. I hope Johnston steps up. Did not say that the Grad had to start, but would probably be good insurance. Who is to say that the grad doesn't come in for the spring and learn the system? I am just not personally sold on Sawtelle and McGee leaving. It's not personal, I am just not sold. I think the only player that you and I have ever agreed on was BB. Mostly everyone else thought BK and CO were adequate. We would have a losing record with those two this year. Any player that transfers from a blue blood would get a serious look at this level. Most of the time they will have size, speed and the benefit of practicing with more elite players. 

You literally don't know what you're talking about.

Not figuratively... literally 

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

You literally don't know what you're talking about.

Not figuratively... literally 

Well don't be an empty suit. Refute anything I said. You might sway my opinion.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

I guess this thread would work for the annual where is vincent jackson question

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

On 10/21/2018 at 5:45 PM, El_Toro_86 said:

LB play this year has been the biggest reason for poor run defense

strange considering strong is a defensive coach

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Mommy No!!!!!!!!!!!(carlton voice)

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

What in the world happened to Andre Polk? I know he dealt with some injury issues last season, but I was really hoping he would emerge as a future leader of the position. The last news I can find on him was from August 21, 2018 and indicated that he was dealing with some sort of injury at that time but was rehabbing. He is 2 full months away and we have never heard another update on him. The early indications from the summer were that he was looking really good and seemed like he was going to be a major contributor. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

What in the world happened to Andre Polk? I know he dealt with some injury issues last season, but I was really hoping he would emerge as a future leader of the position. The last news I can find on him was from August 21, 2018 and indicated that he was dealing with some sort of injury at that time but was rehabbing. He is 2 full months away and we have never heard another update on him. The early indications from the summer were that he was looking really good and seemed like he was going to be a major contributor. 

He's been Chronically injured/banged up his entire time at USF.   

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, smazza said:

strange considering strong is a defensive coach

I think LB play has been more a personnel issue rather than a coaching issue.  Sawtelle is serviceable and Magee is undersized and they’re the starters and the backups are mostly true frosh.