• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reaves at middle linebacker

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

15 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

I think the position can be upgraded. I watch him a lot and he is not very good. We really could use a grad transfer to help next year as insurance. McGee will be gone also and it could be really bad.

Grad transfer seems to be your fix all. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,745
  • Content Count:  37,617
  • Days Won:  29

What about the other LB's on the roster? Why did we move Reaves back there?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Just now, E.T. said:

What about the other LB's on the roster? Why did we move Reaves back there?

They're all so young.  They played... a couple of true frosh and a redshirt frosh. I think they though Reeves would be better in run support and that turned out to be a disaster.

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Grad transfer seems to be your fix all. 

There are some glaring holes on this roster that needs to be fixed immediately. 

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Corey lea said:

There are some glaring holes on this roster that needs to be fixed immediately. 

And there's no possible way a young guy can develop from in house? I thought you were banned from another board for sticking up for the coaching staff but it doesn't seem like you have a lot of faith in them. 

1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

And there's no possible way a young guy can develop from in house? I thought you were banned from another board for sticking up for the coaching staff but it doesn't seem like you have a lot of faith in them. 

Even the best jockey has to have good horses. Well the other board mods was a frat boy who could stand for someone to be right. This staff is 17-2 and some of you want Leavitt or Tag back. I can't fix stupid. Never seen people get so irritated by success. 

8 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Even the best jockey has to have good horses. Well the other board mods was a frat boy who could stand for someone to be right. This staff is 17-2 and some of you want Leavitt or Tag back. I can't fix stupid. Never seen people get so irritated by success. 

ok......so what makes you think the young LB's who we haven't seen play can't develop into a better option than LB who is transfering, most likely, because he isn't playing? 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802

Is it me or did Keirston Johnson looked like he gained a bunch of weight? 

Also shouldn't Juwann Brown get the start over Greg Reaves? Man that guy always seems to have a motor.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

56 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

You dont appear to know a lot about the roster and recruits to be honest.  Or how college football works... We don't know if there are glaring holes on this roster next season... we literally get every starter back except McGee (who a young LB will step in for easily once they have a year under their belt) and McCants on offense.  You're saying bring in someone who knows crap about the system.  You also think Reaves played good there... went back and watched the game again and I don't know what you saw.  Grad transfer LBs?  lol  yeah.. ok

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

You dont appear to know a lot about the roster and recruits to be honest.  Or how college football works... We don't know if there are glaring holes on this roster next season... we literally get every starter back except McGee (who a young LB will step in for easily once they have a year under their belt) and McCants on offense.  You're saying bring in someone who knows crap about the system.  You also think Reaves played good there... went back and watched the game again and I don't know what you saw.  Grad transfer LBs?  lol  yeah.. ok

Ummm well Cronkrite and Barnett worked out well. If you think Sawtelle is solid then I am going to question your football acumen. Sawtelle reminds me of a guy that played for Strong in Texas, Dylan Haynes. Make a play here and there, but cost you big on other occasions. I hope Johnston steps up. Did not say that the Grad had to start, but would probably be good insurance. Who is to say that the grad doesn't come in for the spring and learn the system? I am just not personally sold on Sawtelle and McGee leaving. It's not personal, I am just not sold. I think the only player that you and I have ever agreed on was BB. Mostly everyone else thought BK and CO were adequate. We would have a losing record with those two this year. Any player that transfers from a blue blood would get a serious look at this level. Most of the time they will have size, speed and the benefit of practicing with more elite players.