• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College Game Day opening video

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

32 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

I hear he started at Bama

I’ve heard tale of that 😁

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,733
  • Days Won:  0

If we are strictly taking about on-field talent, athleticism, and football abilities, the AAC has teams that are just as good or better than a whole lot of Pretend 5 teams. By constantly beating the drum classifying our conference as some sort of minor league, ESPN creates a self-fullfilling prophesy that they must think benefits their company. We can't escape that by just beating other AAC teams because those aren't legitimate wins under the scenario that ESPN has set up. What I can't understand is how Disney can miss the fact that adding MORE audience members (i.e. "G5" fans) to the playoff excitement will only make them MORE money. I refer them to March Madness and one of their own classic movies, Cinderella. Come to think of it, the Gameday guys sound a lot like the ugly step sisters too. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

It was great seeing Herby eat **** and having to weigh in on OSU after Purdue handed them their ass.  

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

23 hours ago, BullsWinBucsWin said:

That was a coordinated attack.  Basically all took turns............Herbstreit brought up Fresno, App St, and Utah St. and how their Sagarin rankings are higher than UCF's (mentioned UCF fans' perception of ESPN bias).  The gist was that you need to play somebody in the P5 and beat them convincingly.  Desmond said that he doesn't think a non P5 team will ever make the playoff.  Even Rece started to go off. 

Agree that it was also a shot at USF and Cincy, but the bullseye was on UCF.  

The same thing basically happend in the third quarter of the Cinci/Temple broadcast - one of the three announcers said UCF could make it if massive chaos rained.  The other two said that no G5 team will ever make it under the current system 

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

They will do this to whichever team from the G5 is doing well.  If it were us pushing the top 10 it would be the same rhetoric + "commuter school bs".

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

No G5 will make the playoffs? Truly shocking statements....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

6 hours ago, jinx66 said:

It was great seeing Herby eat **** and having to weigh in on OSU after Purdue handed them their ass.  

Oh God that was the best part of my night.  Turned out that station after getting home and putting stuff away.  Saw the field covered with Purdue fans and then heard his voice.  I was loving it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

12 hours ago, beastiebull said:

They will do this to whichever team from the G5 is doing well.  If it were us pushing the top 10 it would be the same rhetoric + "commuter school bs".

or as I refer to it-- The Chris Fowler Treatment

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

image.thumb.png.8492e9cf70a7a9a5be133e66ff1f8fa6.png

coincidentally-- this tombstone was in the opening of The Simpsons Halloween show

Rest In P5, ya jerks!

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  685
  • Days Won:  2

On 10/20/2018 at 2:51 PM, Bear said:

College football needs to expand the playoff. I used to say 8 teams;

but, let's just go to 10 and be done. no excuses.

I am a firm believer that if you aren't good enough to win your conference, then you aren't good enough to win a national championship. IMO, there should never be a situation where there are two teams from the same conference in the CFP (see UG and UA last year...complete horse****). There isn't another sport, other than college football, in which a team that did not win their conference can play in the national championship (college basketball I suppose, but that is a 64 team tournament so that doesn't count). That being said, I think they should extend the playoff by 2 teams to bring the total to 6. The first 5 teams would be the P5 champions, and the last team would be the highest ranked G5 team. The top two ranked teams would get a first round bye, while 2 plays 6, and 4 plays 5. 

• Upvote 1