• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

South Florida v. Tulsa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

More of the same from our football team on Friday night?  Last year this game was much closer than it should have been.  We were ranked (similar to this year), we had a  9-1 record going into the game while Tulsa was 2-9.  The final score was 27-20.  They held us to a field goal the entire second half.  We came out strong in the first quarter scoring 21 points, to only score 6 more points over three quarters.  I believe we played them at home last year.  This game is obviously away.  This game concern anyone else?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We will play down to our opponent and this game will much closer than it should be.   This is my expectation against "bad" teams until shown otherwise.   

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

At this point, all games concern me. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Just now, Bull Dozer said:

We will play down to our opponent and this game will much closer than it should be.   This is my expectation against "bad" teams until shown otherwise.   

Sad, but true.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

This team will start playing on its own level. I think Cronk breaking out last week was a big step forward. B.B. is still finding his way, but is settling. Once he gets a little more game time under his belt we will see the team we’ve been waiting for, on the o-side. I think our d will come around too. They’re just young and figuring things out, but they’re fighting. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

This team will start playing on its own level. I think Cronk breaking out last week was a big step forward. B.B. is still finding his way, but is settling. Once he gets a little more game time under his belt we will see the team we’ve been waiting for, on the o-side. I think our d will come around too. They’re just young and figuring things out, but they’re fighting. 

Hopefully, this "break-out" happens... 

2 hours ago, Thebullsfan said:

Hopefully, this "break-out" happens... 

Honestly I hope we play ok for the next couple weeks, just getting better. Then have a big coming out party at H-town

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Honestly I hope we play ok for the next couple weeks, just getting better. Then have a big coming out party at H-town

This sounds like a great strategy! Open it up and pull out all the stops against Houston who have an average D. That game could be last year’s ucf game.

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This sounds like a great strategy! Open it up and pull out all the stops against Houston who have an average D. That game could be last year’s ucf game.

They definitely know how to put up points in bunches. I hope the o is clicking by then. I think the d can create some turnovers. Ttech showed they can be out scored, but I think we will win our way. The defense has gotten big stops and showed up when we needed them, and I think they will continue to. Houston will be  our catalyst for how far we can go this season. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

8 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

At this point, all games concern me. 

My mindset as well. We simply aren’t good enough to just show up and win ANY game.