• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When's the last time

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Whens the last time we actually had a complete game? The only one I can remember is 2015 UC game and then we left off the foot. 

Our talent level is good/great but our execution sucks. Sure just winning is okay but we're G5 and if we want to be respected we got to play like we are respected. This team has shown flashes but nothing consistent. Last year it was like this and then we drop 4&24. 

This might be unpopular with a few folks but I'm saying this because we could be so much better. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Last year vs Temple was a pretty complete game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

Last year UCF. Best game we have played since Strong has been here by a healthy mile. You could argue the defense didn't play amazing but we did have some key stops that kept us in the game. If Wilcox doesnt fumble we tie that game up again, QF was absolutely unplayable that night.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Here's an unpopular opinion: Our talent level is NOT good to great.

Skill positions, sure.

But, we are not where we need to be in the trenches and that is where games are won and lost. BB is constantly under pressure. Our OL should man-handle UMass. Our DL and LBs are not getting it done against the run. Our defensive backfield is pretty solid, but, if we can't stop the run, those guys are having to pull double duty. Hopefully CCS will address the issues on both lines in recruiting.

QF masked a lot of the problems on the OL during his time here. I think we have lost some talent there as well, but, USF has never really had an OL worthy of a pro-style offense (OK, never may be a bit dramatic, but, certainly in a while). On D, Hector and Senat were beasts, it was always going to be a challenge to replace those guys, so, the drop off there was to be expected, and, probably hasn't be terrible considering.

Anyway, we keep finding ways to win, but, in my humble opinion, the lines will continue to hold us back from the elusive "complete game". It's going to be a little bit streaky until we can protect BB and shut down the run with the front 7.

Edited by Orlando Bull
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649

8 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

Skill positions, sure.

But, we are not where we need to be in the trenches and that is where games are won and lost. BB is constantly under pressure. Our OL should man-handle UMass. Our DL and LBs are not getting it done against the run. Our defensive backfield is pretty solid, but, if we can't stop the run, those guys are having to pull double duty. Hopefully CCS will address the issues on both lines in recruiting.

QF masked a lot of the problems on the OL during his time here. I think we have lost some talent there as well, but, USF has never really had an OL worthy of a pro-style offense (OK, never may be a bit dramatic, but, certainly in a while). On D, Hector and Senat were beasts, it was always going to be a challenge to replace those guys, so, the drop off there was to be expected, and, probably hasn't be terrible considering.

Anyway, we keep finding ways to win, but, in my humble opinion, the lines will continue to hold us back from the elusive "complete game". It's going to be a little bit streaky until we can protect BB and shut down the run with the front 7.

#truestory 

They will show up against UCF. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802

8 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Last year vs Temple was a pretty complete game.

Actually offense was terrible. 6 turnovers made the offense look better than it was.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

To be 5-0 is saying something about their grit this year. Sure a complete game would be awesome, but we have holes in our game that are being covered up by other players stepping up. If that's the way it goes from here on out, I'm good with incomplete. But I do share that fear of the hole being exploited at the catastrophically worst time...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

8 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

To be 5-0 is saying something about their grit this year. Sure a complete game would be awesome, but we have holes in our game that are being covered up by other players stepping up. If that's the way it goes from here on out, I'm good with incomplete. But I do share that fear of the hole being exploited at the catastrophically worst time...

Friday night on Nat'l TV?

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I have always thought we are better suited with a dual-threat QB than a traditional pocket passer. Having a pocket passer means that everything needs to go right most of the time in order to succeed. Your O-line has to hold up to the pass rush, your QB has to make the right reads, and your receivers have to run good routes and catch the ball. Having a mobile QB that is always a threat to run takes the burden off of the rest of the offense. 

BB hasn't yet showed me that he is a great pocket passer. I also don't know why we don't try to roll him out of the pocket a little more on a read-option type of play. Hopefully, the team shows improvement down the stretch. We could conceivably be 7-0 and end up 8-4 or 9-3. 

As for the actual topic at hand, I believe the UCF game was a fairly complete effort by the team. UCF's offense was/is exceptional, so it wasn't like we were going to shut them down. The 2017 Cincy game was pretty solid in all 3 phases, and, for the most part, the 2017 Illinois game was a solid performance. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Orlando Bull said:

Skill positions, sure.

Spot on