• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Found something in the lot after ECU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe he turns out to be our own mr 2 bits.  He started out as just some crazed fan trying to get people cheering in the stands around him and ended up being a uf legend doing his chant from the field, and creating a uf tradition. The wizard just needs to work with USF to figure out a way for him to get a stadium wide chant/ cheer going.  Maybe a long "Goooooooo" as he does the thing with his hands for a 3-4 seconds followed by a "Bulls" as he claps his hands together.  I think this could really pick up steam.  The stadium PA, band and cheerleaders need to get in the same page with other cheers as well.  The cheerleaders are trying to get the Green-Gold chant going while the band is playing and drowning out all attempts.  Later the pa is blasting music over the band's first down, Go Bulls tune. Or a commercial plays over the band during timeouts.  Who coordinates all of that? They are doing a lousy job if such a person exists.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180

16 minutes ago, bullman3 said:

Maybe he turns out to be our own mr 2 bits.  He started out as just some crazed fan trying to get people cheering in the stands around him and ended up being a uf legend doing his chant from the field, and creating a uf tradition. The wizard just needs to work with USF to figure out a way for him to get a stadium wide chant/ cheer going.  Maybe a long "Goooooooo" as he does the thing with his hands for a 3-4 seconds followed by a "Bulls" as he claps his hands together.  I think this could really pick up steam.  The stadium PA, band and cheerleaders need to get in the same page with other cheers as well.  The cheerleaders are trying to get the Green-Gold chant going while the band is playing and drowning out all attempts.  Later the pa is blasting music over the band's first down, Go Bulls tune. Or a commercial plays over the band during timeouts.  Who coordinates all of that? They are doing a lousy job if such a person exists.

Gosh... let’s not..

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

8 hours ago, BDYZR said:

If you went to a game you would know the answer.

GO BULLS!

Ooh burn.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

1 hour ago, bullman3 said:

First good points about the lack of coordination of the cheers/music/etc - always been a cluster fork

in the early days of USF football-- There was a guy who went around to various sections and had a jersey with "Mr 2Bits" on his back. He wanted USF fans to adopt the same cheer for our games but mostly we rejected that idea and I think he just gave up. Most peoples take is that is a UF cheer through and through (no other school I know of does it) -- while he would argue (if you approached him) that no-- it is just a cheer fans get into. We were not buying that. I wonder what ever happened to that guy.

I would rather have that wizard fellow or the girl flashing than the whole Pink Flamingo thing. Yeah-- I said it. War Flamingo is for the birds.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, bullman3 said:

1 hour ago, USF Bulls Football said:

Gosh... let’s not..

A ... freaking ... men

One thing, though, I'd like to see copied from the Bucs is the first down call by the PA announcer. It's something like, "That's another first down for Tampa _____!" and the crowd usually does a decent job chiming in with "Bay". "That's another first down for your USF Bulls!" should be something fairly simple to catch on. I think they used to do something like "That's another Bulls first down!" but at some point it stopped ..... the two syllables may have been problematic.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Days Won:  0

They almost need to poll random fans during the game to find out what is working and what is not.  That Go Bulls! cheer they do prior to kickoff where they ask the Home side to say it and then the Away side is weak.  The away side is usually half empty and has the opposing team's fans.  It ends up being the announcer saying it by himself.  Just seems forced.  

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180

Back in the day, one endzone yelled green and the other yelled gold.. it actually used to get pretty loud and was easy/fun for people to get involved; disappointed we stopped doing this along the way. That said, adopting 2bits, or a turnover purse, a flamingo, or a fricking wizard is just lame. Here’s a good rule of thumb- if the rest of the country will read about your ‘tradition’ and day, “yeah, that’s some pretty dumb ****”, DONT DO IT. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

17 hours ago, MMW said:

Well it's just like USF for this to catch on from last year with lots of copy cats and not the girl her who lifted her shirt last year.

17 hours ago, puc86 said:

This definitely sounds like a better tradition that would draw in more fans.

Mons could send over several employees (or are they contractors) to each game interspersed throughout the crowd.  Make sure the camera men know where they are.  Have "Mons" painted on and you get some free advertising and bring in +40k drunk men to each game.  

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407

22 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

He's casting a spell

Okay I understand it a bit better now... I agree with others that some coordination with PA or stadium would help his cause.  Right now my favorite person is the one that stares directly at the camera with crazy eyes.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Mons could send over several employees (or are they contractors) to each game interspersed throughout the crowd.  Make sure the camera men know where they are.  Have "Mons" painted on and you get some free advertising and bring in +40k drunk men to each game.  

Kind of ruins the authenticity of the whole thing but if we can get sponsorship money out of the whole thing then who needs scruples?