• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gotta Get This Off The Chest

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

BE60A259-5899-4DAB-B2D7-193682FBA785.jpeg

I think I’ve since this guy at the games.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

10 hours ago, puc86 said:

What’s wrong with a USF first agenda and making part of the make USF great again platform letting people have fun at the games? I guess I could be a curmudgeon for wanting people to cheer, stand, have fun and generate excitement but I think the more typical use of the word would be used on our old stay off my yard, don’t stand, don’t cheer, cheese and wine fans.

I see your point but I guess what it boils down to is my interpretation of curmudgeonly. To me, it’s someone whose sole existence ..... in this case, existence on this board ... revolves around griping, complaining, in general just being negative. IMO, that describes you, and the other one mentioned. 

Your partly redeeming value is that, a lot of the time, you are humorous and creative while pulverizing the horse, which doesn’t make you quite as tiring but tiring nonetheless. 

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

I see your point but I guess what it boils down to is my interpretation of curmudgeonly. To me, it’s someone whose sole existence ..... in this case, existence on this board ... revolves around griping, complaining, in general just being negative. IMO, that describes you, and the other one mentioned. 

Your partly redeeming value is that, a lot of the time, you are humorous and creative while pulverizing the horse, which doesn’t make you quite as tiring but tiring nonetheless. 

I blame the limited number of topics I find interesting on the board and the propensity of those topics to reoccur. There are only so many ways to say CJL was a G-d, I hate CSH, I think CWT was average, I like CCS, I miss the Big East, the AAC is the worst, UCF is bad for us, cheering for UCF as a USF fan is dumb, standing and cheering should not be fan shamed, I hate Tax Payer Stadium and the TSA, I expect us to win every game, Stan Heath was robbed, our basketball team makes me want to cry actual tears, soccer isn’t a real sport in America, Judy really improved the university, I hate Adidas and miss UA, Jk and the TBT can choke on a bag of *****, LRS was amazing, Doug was in over his head, Mark wasn’t that bad even if he wasn’t the warmest and Kelly seems pretty decent. I want the best for USF and I have a hardtime ignoring when our fans wrongly want things that aren’t in our best interest (as I the sole arbiter of what is good for us can only determine) and I feel I have to say something. At least I try to keep it new, entertaining and fresh but most of the conversations on here are pretty cyclical and I have a compulsion to weigh in while it’s still entertaining me, which typically dissipates until something changes. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Days Won:  2

Puc,

You should go into politics...you'd be a great at it.  You can take a trivial issue that no one thinks twice about and twist it and turn it such that you'd think it's a very serious matter based on your emotional tirade.   While more serious issues go unattended.   

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BullTime said:

Puc,

You should go into politics...you'd be a great at it.  You can take a trivial issue that no one thinks twice about and twist it and turn it such that you'd think it's a very serious matter based on your emotional tirade.   While more serious issues go unattended.   

I mean in all fairness to me there really are no “serious issues” in college football athletics fandom. Everyone has what’s important to them, I at least put my list out there, am actually pretty positive, USF first and occasionally mildly entertaining and fresh.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Well said. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I mean in all fairness to me there really are no “serious issues” in college football athletics fandom. Everyone has what’s important to them, I at least put my list out there, am actually pretty positive, USF first and occasionally mildly entertaining and fresh.

So, you’re  saying that the lack of an OCS, being in the AAC, or USF’s attendance (announced or actual) aren’t serious issues?

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

4 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

So, you’re  saying that the lack of an OCS, being in the AAC aren’t serious issues?

In the grand scope of life? Probably not. In the very narrow context of my fandom and my musings on this board, they are horribly important.

• Upvote 1