• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some GT Fans are Jerks

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

19 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I honestly feel we can beat everybody on that schedule except GA and VA Tech. In a bowl game we might have a chance at Va tech and UGA b/c we will be more "seasoned" but I have faith that this team to win out. 

We'd beat VT before Clemson, the #2 team in the nation.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Tech won’t beat Miami 

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

The consistent theme (at least amongst their fans there) seems to be it is a mistake to schedule us.  I worry that the more we beat these teams the less value/excessive risk they may see in scheduling us.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, beastiebull said:

The consistent theme (at least amongst their fans there) seems to be it is a mistake to schedule us.  I worry that the more we beat these teams the less value/excessive risk they may see in scheduling us.

May be.  That's why I'm in favor of 2 for 1 games - really, whatever we have to do to get top opponents on our schedule.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:41 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

Pretty insulting stuff.  For those that don't know or need fodder other than our win, their students are known for getting mugged regularly ON THEIR OWN CAMPUS.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

4 hours ago, beastiebull said:

Pretty insulting stuff.  For those that don't know or need fodder other than our win, their students are known for getting mugged regularly ON THEIR OWN CAMPUS.

one of my GT grad co-workers posted on my FB, when I told her we beat them:  "Well, we're known to recruit more for academics than athleticism".  I'm sure the bulk of their players are in Mensa.

I gave her a very polite:  "Oh, brother.  Maybe you can move to the Ivy Leagues, and we'll take your ACC slot".

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

43 minutes ago, JupiterBull said:

one of my GT grad co-workers posted on my FB, when I told her we beat them:  "Well, we're known to recruit more for academics than athleticism".  I'm sure the bulk of their players are in Mensa.

I gave her a very polite:  "Oh, brother.  Maybe you can move to the Ivy Leagues, and we'll take your ACC slot".

I don't buy this for a second. I don't care how low a school's acceptance rate, any of the competitive programs make a lot of allowances for athletes' admissions. USF actually does a decent job not making too much of a drop off in requirements. I remember years ago players being turned down here and walking right into other programs, specifically Louisville.

And there's this: https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2014/3/12/5500068/georgia-tech-to-allow-more-academic-exceptions-for-football

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

24 minutes ago, ToroDeFuego said:

I don't buy this for a second. I don't care how low a school's acceptance rate, any of the competitive programs make a lot of allowances for athletes' admissions. USF actually does a decent job not making too much of a drop off in requirements. I remember years ago players being turned down here and walking right into other programs, specifically Louisville.

And there's this: https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2014/3/12/5500068/georgia-tech-to-allow-more-academic-exceptions-for-football

And a hoops player to Oregon IIRC.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

7 hours ago, beastiebull said:

To me it's a dumb excuse for other schools to avoid good G6 teams, b/c even though we are not P5, we will be ranked or close to being ranked which would still  benefit their strength of schedule more than scheduling a bad P5

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

46 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

To me it's a dumb excuse for other schools to avoid good G6 teams, b/c even though we are not P5, we will be ranked or close to being ranked which would still  benefit their strength of schedule more than scheduling a bad P5

Losing doesn’t help their sos