• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Expect to see less of Sawtelle

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

I rewatched the game and expect to see less of Sawtelle and more of Broyles. Sawtelle is simply a liability and constantly over commits on run plays without enough athleticism to recover and get off blocks. This wreckless play will get us hammered against GT. I sure was hoping to get a graduate transfer at that position, but maybe the coaches feel Broyles and the other underclassmen can handle the load. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Corey lea said:

I rewatched the game and expect to see less of Sawtelle and more of Broyles. Sawtelle is simply a liability and constantly over commits on run plays without enough athleticism to recover and get off blocks. This wreckless play will get us hammered against GT. I sure was hoping to get a graduate transfer at that position, but maybe the coaches feel Broyles and the other underclassmen can handle the load. 

I saw the same thing. Boyles was a pleasant surprise and he played really well. Our depth at LB is scary thin however. 

Edited by IBulleve

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Corey lea said:

Yeah I am shaky on that dude. He needs to improve 100 percent this week.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Finally got to watch the game at home last night. Except for the first drive and maybe that 7 or 8 minute span in the 3rd and 4th quarters the D played a lot better than I thought.

Yes, Sawtelle and others, were out of their gaps in the same time frames I mentioned. Let's hope CCS and CJ-M get that straightened out this week.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

The coaches were pretty high on him during camp.  Im wondering if we can move Vjax or has he gotten too slow for LB?  we have a lot of hybrid guys but you gotta be smart.  Ga tech will reveal all.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

21 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Finally got to watch the game at home last night. Except for the first drive and maybe that 7 or 8 minute span in the 3rd and 4th quarters the D played a lot better than I thought.

Yes, Sawtelle and others, were out of their gaps in the same time frames I mentioned. Let's hope CCS and CJ-M get that straightened out this week.

GO BULLS!

It makes sense also the lead was not in doubt and defense took the foot off has pedal and was going to coast.

Can do that vs Ellon but not GT. 

Expect a good game from defense.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

5 down linemen and two LBs makes sense as the base defense against GT. My question is, who is the 5th down lineman? Do you add beef or speed on the edge?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  52
  • Days Won:  0

I was at the game and I haven't re-watched it on TV yet, so I'm sure there is a lot I missed, but Boyles definitely stood out to me with his play. I remember watching the defense and thinking "Who is #11 and who is #7 because they're making great plays." Looked up the roster and it was Boyles and Mike Hampton.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I was surprised to see Boyles start (if I'm not mistaken). Hampton was making plays when the ball was in the air.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

LB are too small too. Give em some bacon 

• Upvote 1