• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Positional Breakdown - Running Back

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,651
  • Days Won:  29

I think our running game will be better than last season.

Go BULLS !!!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

On 8/28/2018 at 1:11 PM, IBulleve said:

Cronkrite reminds me of DJ 2.0. Slashy, one cut runner who can make guys miss in tight areas, but lack the true homerun speed. Factor in their pass catching abilities and they are almost clones. 

Sands hasn’t impressed me in his limited action. He doesn’t have a ton of wiggle and seems to be a hit the gap, lower your head and get your 3-4 type runner. That’s fine in this offense, but I’d rather have Mack do the same thing with more upside. 

Really interested to see what Bell can do. I’d love to see him returning kicks at some point this season. 

I think Cronkrite is actually faster and is a more physical runner than DJ.  He a guy who breaks tackles.  Actually I think he's just a better RB than DJ or Tice.

14 minutes ago, E.T. said:

I think our running game will be better than last season.

Go BULLS !!!

me too

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

47 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I think Cronkrite is actually faster and is a more physical runner than DJ.  He a guy who breaks tackles.  Actually I think he's just a better RB than DJ or Tice.

me too

I think the running backs will be better, but the loss of Flowers will result in our overall running game not being as prolific, especially if BB lives up to the hype. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

22 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I think the running backs will be better, but the loss of Flowers will result in our overall running game not being as prolific, especially if BB lives up to the hype. 

I think that if Cronkite is the new MM, and Mack 2.0 is on par or better than DJ was. Our running game will be fine. Because you still have other rbs to add into the mix, and if those guys can stay fresh we will be off to the races in the second of games this season.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

44 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I think the loss of Flowers could actually open the running game up. I think the numbers will come down but not because the running game isn't prolific, I think the passing numbers will go way up.  Because teams will have to defend the pass, the running game could actually be wide open.  Barnett's skill set will keep guys out of the box.  Put 8 guys in the box on him and he'll kill you over the top. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I think the loss of Flowers could actually open the running game up. I think the numbers will come down but not because the running game isn't prolific, I think the passing numbers will go way up.  Because teams will have to defend the pass, the running game could actually be wide open.  Barnett's skill set will keep guys out of the box.  Put 8 guys in the box on him and he'll kill you over the top. 

...and this is the goal of a Gilbert offense...the short medium passes sets up the running game. You pass to run. Then when the offense is running down hill you keep pounding away. 

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

On 8/28/2018 at 11:49 AM, ForestBull said:

I am expecting big things from Cronkrite. A few UF friends I have talked said he is a really good runner and a great pass catcher

But how is he at running the dive play?

Us Gilbert detractors are dying to know

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Roaming Bull said:

I think that if Cronkite is the new MM, and Mack 2.0 is on par or better than DJ was. Our running game will be fine. Because you still have other rbs to add into the mix, and if those guys can stay fresh we will be off to the races in the second of games this season.

I don’t see Cronk being MM level. The breakaway speed MM had was special. You’ll see it on full display this year in Indy. I truly think we have a slightly better version of DJ/Tice with Cronk/Mack, with Bell being the X Factor. For as much speed as we have on defense, there isn’t a home run threat (outside of Bronson) speedwise on this offense. With MM & RA, defenses had to play off RA while stacking the box for MM & QF. We don’t have that currently. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

I don’t see Cronk being MM level. The breakaway speed MM had was special. You’ll see it on full display this year in Indy. I truly think we have a slightly better version of DJ/Tice with Cronk/Mack, with Bell being the X Factor. For as much speed as we have on defense, there isn’t a home run threat (outside of Bronson) speedwise on this offense. With MM & RA, defenses had to play off RA while stacking the box for MM & QF. We don’t have that currently. 

Cronk had several 50+ yard plays vs the defense this fall...he might not have  MM speed but he might not be that far behind.

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

16 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

I don’t think you are giving our WRs enough credit, but that’s a different thread.

The depth at rb is scary. I think they will pile up the yards. Cronkite doesn’t have to be MM just close enough to be dangerous. Bell and Sands are supposed to be pretty quick too. I think with a good rotation, we keep them fresh and our opponents will be in trouble all season long.