• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I just have this feeling about this offense....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

Not going to say you're wrong about the reason for not naming the starter - but I'm DEFINITELY in wait-and-see mode re: letting Gilbert turn the O loose for 60 pts.  That would certainly be a change in MO.

It will be more for OL work and the run game. You have a few homerun hitters that can take it to the house at any time. The Db's will be tired chasing our receivers and then those big backs will run wild. We have 4 really good backs. 

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

I think (hope) that he's keeping it under wraps to keep the competitive fires going, and to keep BB or whomever will be the starter from getting too comfortable.  I would think this to be especially important to someone that hasn't had a full off season to get the playbook down.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, Calibull said:

Why do you think it's about Elon?  

Because that's who our game 1 opponent is. 

I think it requires suspension of disbelief to think he's playing games with GT when he can likely keep the offense as vanilla as he wants against Elon, using all three QBs.  He doesn't need to play coy about that right now, which is why I do not believe that's what he's doing.  I believe he's using all the time he has to name a starter because they are all about even right now.

You guys that are talking about about workhorse, home run-hitting RBs are pretty much helping me with my case.  That's probably the game plan, to run the ball right down Elon's throat for game 1, so whichever QB starts doesn't determine anything for GT, nor the rest of the season.  

I believe that they're all even right now, and whoever does the best when the bullets are flying against Elon will probably get the starting nod against GT.  

6 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

You guys that are talking about about workhorse, home run-hitting RBs are pretty much helping me with my case.  That's probably the game plan, to run the ball right down Elon's throat for game 1, so whichever QB starts doesn't determine anything for GT, nor the rest of the season.  

I believe that they're all even right now, and whoever does the best when the bullets are flying against Elon will probably get the starting nod against GT.  

Unless BB is hurt...He will walk out against Elon and GT and its not even close. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Corey lea said:

Unless BB is hurt...He will walk out against Elon and GT and its not even close. 

That's a fair assertion ... I have a feeling it's based on stars in the eyes based on him starting a game at Alabama once upon a time, but totally a fair point.  

Guest PCBull14

I believe the whole offense should be wait and see. The same things they said out of camp last year are being said this year. The difference? The best offensive player to every play here, though some think he handicapped an offense he had no control over, is gone. 

Be careful what you wish for. 

3 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

That's a fair assertion ... I have a feeling it's based on stars in the eyes based on him starting a game at Alabama once upon a time, but totally a fair point.  

You also have to remember that he was exposed to top tier athletes and coaches in everyday practice. Give him a slight edge. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

13 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

I believe the whole offense should be wait and see. The same things they said out of camp last year are being said this year. The difference? The best offensive player to every play here, though some think he handicapped an offense he had no control over, is gone. 

Be careful what you wish for. 

This.  QF was the greatest offensive player to have ever worn the green and gold and was solely responsible for a lot of the success we’ve had the last few years.  Without him behind center and his ability to turn broken/bad plays in to great plays, I have no idea what to expect out of our offense. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Get use to the Charlie Strong way of doing things. He does not put out a lot of information... never has.  Even when it comes to who's starting at any position.  Aside from the returning starters from last season... nobody actually knows who any of the other starters are.  He's not named many.  This is not unusual for him... this is what Strong does.  It's part of who he is as a coach.