• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB battle narrowed to two??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

If you have 3 number 1's you don't have any.  Ruh-roh.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

17 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

If you have 3 number 1's you don't have any.  Ruh-roh.

I think  the number one has been chosen, hes just waiting to hurt some feelings. 

Edited by BrassBulls12
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

"They can all do just different skill sets," Strong said.

"Blake is 6-foot-5, 6-6, has a really strong arm. Kean has a very strong arm. Oladokun can beat you with the feet and his hands. So it's just gonna be interesting. I'm not gonna say we won't play all three in the first game, but you'd like to just settle it down to one."

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/usf-bulls/2018/08/15/charlie-strong-decision-on-usf-starting-qb-must-come-soon/

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307

21 hours ago, Brad said:

I predict trouble when we move from Nerf footballs to real ones.

image.png

I know it ruins the joke. But the Nerf balls are used in pass rush drills or scout team to simulate the snap without having to worry about the "QB" dropping the snap and stopping the rep so that no one steps on a real ball and hurts themselves.

• Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

#TeamBarnett

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307

14 hours ago, Calibull said:

The fact that Blake Barnett was able to even catch up, and by the coaches account get even with two incumbent QBs that had all spring to lock down the position to me says a lot.  All things being even Blake Barnett can do what Kean and O can do and more.  He's more durable and has has a great arm.  I'm not drawing anything from a int during a small portion of practice the press got to see.  I notice that BB is starting to spend a lot more times in 1s V 1s and to be honest, he's better than the other two guys.  I originally thought Kean would win the job, now I think Barnett will win it.  This kinda feels like the Bridgwater thing at Ville except this guy is a grown man and grad transfer... but I think it ends the same.

I haven't heard anything from practice reports or coaches that gives any real indication of who has been able to separate themselves. Pretty sure this is all just wild conjecture and speculation, but that's what message boards are for. I will be excited when coach makes an announcement and even more so when we see that guy take the field against Elon and hopefully cement the fact that he is the undisputed starter.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I wouldn't be surprised to see all 3 in Week 1. 

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

53 minutes ago, BucsandBulls said:

I haven't heard anything from practice reports or coaches that gives any real indication of who has been able to separate themselves. Pretty sure this is all just wild conjecture and speculation, but that's what message boards are for. I will be excited when coach makes an announcement and even more so when we see that guy take the field against Elon and hopefully cement the fact that he is the undisputed starter.  

Maybe we'll start all 3.  Line up in an old wing T and he can snap it to any one of them.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

15 hours ago, IBulleve said:

If anyone wants to see more film on B.B., checkout the 2016 Alabama Spring Game on YouTube. Quite a few reps on there with the TV angle 

Thanks yeah he looked pretty good I think that he will be your starter but I think Chris could be looking good and pushing Blake.   I guess the knock at Bama was that Blake had interceptions and that held him back.   What makes me feel better about Blake is that he isn't just a pocket qb he has some athletic ability to hurt you with his feet but not  like Chris.