• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2018 Football For Cord Cutters.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

41 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Aren't you paying for internet on top of the DirecTV?

Yep, good point and I use this to watch all kinds of sports. I guess that is a  sunken cost for me as I would have it anyway. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  685
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Landino21 said:

Who's your internet provider? I pay 69.99/month for 100x10 from Spectrum. 

I have spectrum. When I cancelled my cable back in January, I cancelled my internet and cable and then started a new plan. They have a deal where you pay $44.99 for the first 12 months and then $60.99 after that. Next January I am going to either switch to Frontier or get Spectrum to give me the same $44.99 price for another 12 months to stay with them.

Full disclosure, I have been doing that with sirius xm for 2 years now. They keep giving me a promotional 6 months for $5 per month. Then in the 6th month I call to cancel and tell them I can't afford the $48 that it would cost regularly (after taxes) and eventually they give me the same $5 per month price for another 6 months.

Edited by TheAccountant
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

DirecTV does this too.  Our cable bill got cut in half when we tried to cancel last year, plus they through in HBO to Go.

1 hour ago, Brad said:

DirecTV does this too.  Our cable bill got cut in half when we tried to cancel last year, plus they through in HBO to Go.

I have heard Direct TV will negotiate if you call to drop. I might give that a try. Usually it is the same price but they provide an upgrade (sports channels, HBO, etc). Because my cell is through ATT they do provide free HBO on Direct TV.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I have heard Direct TV will negotiate if you call to drop. I might give that a try. Usually it is the same price but they provide an upgrade (sports channels, HBO, etc). Because my cell is through ATT they do provide free HBO on Direct TV.

True story, I do it every year as their price adjustments are only for 12 months, in my experience.  

3 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

True story, I do it every year as their price adjustments are only for 12 months, in my experience.  

Good to hear. I’ll definitely give it a shot 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Nice thanks! At one point last year I had both SlingTV and Hulu Live to get all the channels needed to watch USF games. If Vue will do it all in one, I'm all in. 

I have Xfinity and a Roku. I save nearly $100/month by avoiding traditional cable.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

The biggest problem with cable isn't necessarily the cost of the plans, it is the cost of the equipment. $8 per month after taxes and fees for each box adds up quickly if you have 5 boxes. Then, add in the cost of a DVR and you can quickly get to $50 or $60 per month just for equipment. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

I am starting to consider going to Vue. I think I would need the 50 $ package to please the entire household but that still a major drop from what I am paying Directv, even if I upgrade my internet. The equipment is an issue. I only have one box because I refused to pay for more. I already have a PS3 and a PS4 so I basically already have two boxes for the Vue.