• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Adidas Uniforms  

184 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

11 hours ago, Brad said:

From last year's media guide, in the media/communications section:

image.png

image.thumb.png.d0a4ade43bf85f934e88830b1600d7bb.png

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Pretty sure the folks that release is aimed at are savvy enough to undertstand the circumstances around the name on the jersey compared to what we were asking. 

Wait, so you're saying we shouldn't be the only school to include "University of" on our jerseys too? 

11 hours ago, puc86 said:

Hopefully we have changed our policy on that. It maybe confusing saying don’t under any circumstance call us what we put on our jersey. Maybe it’s like epithets and it means something different when we call ourselves South Florida.

It is really funny and sad actually - if this was my company's policy it would have been changed the second it was printed.

First - We are USF!!!!!

BUT, our preference is the University of South Florida.

However, feel free to use USF or the Bulls if you like.

But never call us South Florida, S. Florida, South, Fla, or anything like these three.

image.png.62e334bfba5ffcb6dd7938c9e398adb2.png

Huh, what, come again???

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Perhaps the 2018 media guide will have different verbiage for the media?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I wish I was savvy enough to understand the nuances between please refrain from referring to us as South Florida as we wear South Florida across our chest. It feels to me like if Kaitlyn Jenner’s people came in and explained to a group at a meet and greet to only refer to her as Kaitlyn and her and never Bruce or him and then in walks Jenner with a name badge that says hello my name is Bruce, maybe a savvier person could navigate it but that kind of mixed messaging would be unnecessarily confusing.

Kaitlyns confuse a lot of people, this South Florida/USF thing isn’t all that difficult.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,258
  • Days Won:  255

19 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

It is really funny and sad actually - if this was my company's policy it would have been changed the second it was printed.

First - We are USF!!!!!

BUT, our preference is the University of South Florida.

However, feel free to use USF or the Bulls if you like.

But never call us South Florida, S. Florida, South, Fla, or anything like these three.

image.png.62e334bfba5ffcb6dd7938c9e398adb2.png

Huh, what, come again???

Can you believe some announcers couldn’t navigate that?

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Kaitlyns confuse a lot of people, this South Florida/USF thing isn’t all that difficult.

If you tell people not to call you simply south Florida but you have that across your jersey you don’t think that could be confusing to most people? I get that the university of south Florida wouldn’t fit on a jersey but I also get that it’s a mouth full for an announcer as well, if we think it’s good enough for our main branding we should probably expect that it’s good enough to be called it by the media as well.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If you tell people not to call you simply south Florida but you have that across your jersey you don’t think that could be confusing to most people? I get that the university of south Florida wouldn’t fit on a jersey but I also get that it’s a mouth full for an announcer as well, if we think it’s good enough for our main branding we should probably expect that it’s good enough to be called it by the media as well.

I don’t see anyone calling us “U” and no special instructions were needed despite it being on our helmets. 

Edited by JTrue

Brad is right, the 2018 media guide will probably address this.  While I hope we can get back to USF, I would certainly prefer to pick more of a solid direction on this.  No matter how your spin this, it has and will continue to create ambiguity.  Another reason why I hope CCS is not involved in this process as I simply do not believe he is here for the long haul.  This decision needs to be made by the administration that will be here for the next 20 years, this is our identity, it is important and should not be brushed off as "whatever!"

11 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I don’t see anyone calling us “U” despite it being on our helmets. 

It’s a symbol, I didn’t see many people calling prince his symbol probably because they wouldn’t know how to pronounce it and you can’t just call us the “U” because sadly that’s taken.

8B823499-C92F-49FB-9AB5-914A4F0855A8.jpeg

Edited by puc86